Official Enclosure Picture Thread #2 - post your pics!

Here is the setup for my Jacksons almost complete I want to add an upper cabinet to hide the lights and house my fogger. Mistking misters, Zoo med Lights and ReptiBreeze Cages, modified Dragonstrand Drainage Trays, and Dragon Ledges. Cabinet by IKEA.View media item 42790View media item 42777View media item 42778View media item 42783View media item 42789View media item 42788View media item 42784View media item 42785View media item 42786View media item 42782View media item 42781View media item 42779View media item 42780
What size cages are those? And how did you get the dragon strand cage to work? I was thinking of modifying the tray too but I don't know how lol

What size cages are those? And how did you get the dragon strand cage to work? I was thinking of modifying the tray too but I don't know how lol
Those cages are Medium Zoo Med Repti Breeze Cages 16"X16"X30" I drilled some small holes in the floor of the Repti Breeze cages so they drip in to the drain pan. I used the DragonStrand Universal 19" Heavy Duty Drainage Tray and added Lifegard Aquatics 1/2-Inch FPT Bulkhead Fit Kit with Insert I got on Amazon. I just drilled the hole and installed the fitting in the bottom of the drain pan. Measure and cut carefully. One issue I need to figure out how to solve is the lip on the bulkhead fitting is raised from the bottom of the pan so there can be a little bit of water in the bottom of the pan. I need to figure out a solution that would not leave water in the bottom of the pan. So it works for an emergency over flow and periodically I lift up the corner and drain it and flush the smelly water down but need to figure out something a little more flush or lower than the bottom of the pan. DragonStrand Cages would work too in fact I plan to replace these with DragonStrand at some point.

Here we go! I've been waiting to post on this thread. I actually had my own little thing going depicting my progress (a thread called something like "Olivander's big boy cage") and that had more details about it. Here is a pic, though!

IMG_20160629_160741.jpg

Day 1 finished. Two more days to go.
Day 2 will finish up covering the screen, spray paint leftover (brought 4 cans) but need 2 more (green & black).
Staple the arylic sheet underneath and add the drainage ( 2" solvent weld shower drain )
Day 3 will add the 4 pothos plants I brought, all rinsed and changed soil to Eco earth soil. Fake plants on one side for drinking station.
This will be my new indoor enclosure for my new baby girl veiled chameleon.
Also building 3ftx2ftx6ft enclosure for myfischer but haven't decided which one I should be using outside. Either the reptibreeze large or the 6ft custom enclosure.... Will decide when completed.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Some gorgeous enclosures here. I am scared to upload my current DIY when done, it doesn't match up with a lot of these :(.
I feel ya. Mine is not homemade, but I feel a little down looking at these awesome enclosures! Mine is "store bought" but I want to make an outdoor enclosure for Chloe!

I feel ya. Mine is not homemade, but I feel a little down looking at these awesome enclosures! Mine is "store bought" but I want to make an outdoor enclosure for Chloe!

It is alot of work I will warn you that lol.

This is my first DIY cage, and will be my last hehehe. This one is for male panther that I want to have in the living room though so I wanted it to look better than screen and alu lol. Plus I am moving to a "Glass" cage layout with bioactive setups. anyway here is where I am at with it right now.

View media item 42948 That was last pic I took, I have done more but no updates till tomorrow, right before I start fiberglass :). I got a few more things to do before glass.

This is my first DIY cage, and will be my last hehehe. This one is for male panther that I want to have in the living room though so I wanted it to look better than screen and alu lol. Plus I am moving to a "Glass" cage layout with bioactive setups. anyway here is where I am at with it right now.

View media item 42948 That was last pic I took, I have done more but no updates till tomorrow, right before I start fiberglass :). I got a few more things to do before glass.
That looks awesome so far! I love it. Can you make one for me?!? Lol jk , but really...

That really looks good so far. Awesome job!

I so want to make an enclosure on my own. This lady is determined, I've been watching a ton of threads about it. Yours looks awesome, good job (y)

I'm currently working on a stand to put Chloe's cage on, that will have a drainage system. I think I'll have to make my own. I can't make it too tall or I won't be able to reach the top of her cage, with her drip, light, and mist system....

Day 2 finished, one more day to let paint cure 24hours then adding all light fixtures and branches ( as soon as I boil it ) :D can't wait till I put my veiled in.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    279.6 KB · Views: 259
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    246.9 KB · Views: 212
Ok, here is the "beast". It is 10 FEET tall and houses 3 adults!:eek:

If you look closely, you'll see I have to go onto the landing to get to Bonsai's cage. It is actually a 6ft cage and a 3 foot cage together, and I added height to it for space for the lighting/drainage. They all have individual drainage that does not allow contamination to the enclosure under it. The lights don't get wet and the chameleons have a barrier between them and the lights. They all drain to a tub at the very bottom which has a pump in it that I plug in and pump directly out the window behind it.

The wire cages are great for their grip, and it is not damaging to their nails like screen. They are all cup fed, obviously, since feeders could escape. Soon, the pothos will fill in much of the wire so it'll look more natural.

I am ready for the......critiques;). It is unconventional, I know. I just can't stand all the random cages in my house, and I have the height in the room so I thought I'd capitalize on it.

..... Do you think that I could get a similar cage and add screening to the inside as my Cham eats crickets. I just got him and am looking into making a better enclosure for him that will likely be in a more permanent spot. I didn't know if a cage like this would be okay as like you said the critters can escape during feeding time. Let me know if you have any tips. Thanks :)

Back
Top Bottom