Not sleeping until i get a good answer!!!

Charmeleon818

Ok guys! i want to start off by saying thank you to all the knowledgeable people on these forums who share their experience freely ^.^ heres the situation:
Today i came home to the worst thing ever!!! ANTS IN CHARMELEONS ENCLOSURE!!! I came home late so he was sleeping (no ants on him, thank baby jesus) and i had to wake him up!!! he was so pissed off!! apparently there was a dead cricket at the bottom of his cage and hundreds of ants where attacking it. I cleaned out his whole cage and washed off all his plants etc and re set up in a different corner of the room... what can i do to prevent this from happening? i would hate to come home to the unthinkable! these ants are ruthless!!! i currently rent a room in a large house and ants always tend to come and go around this time of year!!! All helpful feedback is welcomed! thank you so much and feel free to share your experiences! - Nate

Is it possible you have a ants nest in your house such as in an attic are even behind a wall or outside? Both me and my grandparents had a issue, had a ants nest outside we were unaware of and they sometimes are attracted to the warmth of the house and got inside the house.

We did ask the local council and usually they only come out in summer but lately, its been warmer than normal during autumn and they are still out. If I was you, as a precaution get the pest control out incase you do have a nest near by.

you could place some traps around the outside of the cage, and they'll get into those first before they try to go into the cage. Also, like chameleonfan said, go to the source and get rid of the nest

When I had to keep ants out of a birds cage I actually pulled the wheels off the legs of the cage and put each in a bowl of sugar water ;) dead ants.... dead ants Everywhere :)
You have to make sure the bowl is big enough to have a inch or so of water around the legs.

When I had to keep ants out of a birds cage I actually pulled the wheels off the legs of the cage and put each in a bowl of sugar water ;) dead ants.... dead ants Everywhere :)
You have to make sure the bowl is big enough to have a inch or so of water around the legs.

cool but wouldnt water do the same trick? plus these ants are smart... there was no trail they came from out the electrical soccet on the wall up to the uvb light and into the cage.... my Cham is safe for now but i fear future threats :////

yeah i use sugar water so they try to go towards it first.... hmm your right with the lighting... wonder what double sided tape would do?

I know you said you washed off the plant, but did you check the soil in the plant?

Chase

Back
Top Bottom