Nomral Color Or Something Else?

Chameleon Info:

Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?

Panther Chameleon, Male, 11 Months and had him since August 2011

Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?

Once every week or every two weeks

Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the
schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?

Eating 4 large locusts a day early afternoon, about 1PM. I gut load them with bran, greens, carrot and sometimes sweet potato

Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?

Rapashy Calcium Plus daily

Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?

Mist him 2 times a day for 5 minutes. See him drink

Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?

Solid brown with snow white urate. Not been tested

History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:

Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?

X-Large Zoo Med Repti Breeze Screen Cage

Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?

5.0 ReptiGlo Linear UVB Light, normal 60W household bulb. His lights go on at 10AM and go off at 10PM set by a timer

Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?

Basking is 85F, middle to bottom of cage is middle to low 70's. Over night temperature doesn't drop below 60F. I use a digital thermometer to check heat.

Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?

Humidity is about 70% and I do this by misting and I keep track of it by a small humidity gauge that goes inside and sticks to the mesh

Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?

I only use fake

Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or
high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?

In the lounge away from the lounge door. Does have a radiator behind but its set on very low so barley becomes hot

Location - Where are you geographically located?

UK

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.

This may be nothing but as Sebastian has been getting his colors, he seems to have a little black on his nose and very faint on his lips. First thing I thought was mouth rot. He doesn't have any goop in his mouth, no overbite or swelling and is eating and drinking fine. Anyway attached some pics, sorry about the first pic, its very blurry and makes the coloration darker than it actually is lol so the last 2 pics, I took him out to take another 2. Also no bug has been biting as he tub feeds and hasn't fallen.

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    250.5 KB · Views: 135
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    249.2 KB · Views: 223
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    253.7 KB · Views: 172
My Male Panther looks just like yours. His crest on his nose and head is dark. But I find it changes colors and will go to a pinkish color depending on lighting. If he is under his UVB lights he darkens up, and If he is under his 60W basking light the crest goes to a pinkish color.

I don't personally have a panther chameleon but veiled
almost always have black around their veiled crest when
they reach the adult stage, I'm almost certain it's normal
whether for distress or just normal colors.

When i first picked at my veiled shedding (I have learned this
is bad for chameleons now so i refrain from doing so, however as a novice i was very worried and instantly googled it as to why and i was lead to this beautiful forum.)
his skin would sometimes have little black marks that would
eventually fade away during the day or the next,
so it could be mild irritation.

But in the end alas I wouldn't worry too much over it
because it's probably not anything fatal but if you would
like to go to your nearest HERP vet for a general exam
it couldn't hurt. I got my little guy looked at for only
38$ that's priceless compared to the joy he has given me already.
<3

Back
Top Bottom