No FECES

TOMMYBOY72

My Panther is just finishing a shed and was not eating much, if he is not crapping should I soak him in warm water like I do my Bearded Dragon for impaction?

No, it is fine to soak a beardie, but you can only mist a cham with warm water. That will help with his shedding and he pooping. But the poop may be in the trees where you aren't seeing it. You might need to take a close look at the leaves.

I always soak my Beardy I was wondering if you could soak a Cham I know they can swim. I thought it would have the same effect on it. I check his cage thoroughly. I am getting worried, I hope tomorrow I find a deposit. Thanks for the reply.

i know that some chams when going through shedding wont eat cause they are so stressed maybe he just isnt eating enough to have poop. im just throwing a idea out there i dot have anything ot back that up

How long has it been since he has pooped? My chameleon has gone as long as two weeks without a poop. I find if I gently masage his tummy with my fingers I will get a poop within a few days. I have also used pedialyte to hydtrate to help get things flowing as keeping your chameleon hydrated helps. Here is some info on hydrating your chameleon.
Dehydration and Solutions *Force Fluid tips*

I use a 50/50 blend of pedialyte and water.

He just pooped his skin! How much poop do you want him to poop?! Lol ... no really, don't be worried. It can be up to two or three days without cause for concern.

He is taking in plenty of fluids. I saw him snatch a super worm off the screen today. Its the first time I have seen him take a worm in weeks. He has only been eating crickets since he started shedding which has lasted a couple of weeks. First it was sectional shedding, followed up shortly after by a complete shed. He has a tiny bit still on his spine but for the most part its complete. He was very mobile in his cage today and I am going to take him outside to soak up some rays tomorrow. Still no poop today. I will try the massage technique tomorrow. He is very handle able and it shouldn't be a problem. Thanks for all the tips.

I always soak my Beardy I was wondering if you could soak a Cham I know they can swim. I thought it would have the same effect on it. I check his cage thoroughly. I am getting worried, I hope tomorrow I find a deposit. Thanks for the reply.

They can't swim, they puff their bodies up to avoid drowning and it is very stressful.

Lots of misting with warm water, if you can get hornworms, they usually help make my infrequent pooper go. If all he's eating is crickets, make sure those crickets are getting gutloaded with lots of juicy stuff. I was also advised to gutload with pear baby food, and that helped kickstart things one time he had held out for quite a long time without pooping. Switching from hand misting to a MistKing helped his hydration level and pooping became a lot more frequent, but he still drinks a lot more when hand-misted with warm water (on top of his mist king misting) so i will still do that if it seems like its been a while since his last poop. But some just don't go as often as others and I've learned to stop worrying about it so much. :)

Poop Watch 2012 Revisited! LOL

Shedding really can throw their systems out of whack, huh? Increase humidity to help them through it.

As for the poop problem, a number of things helped my little guy.
Pear baby food helped us the most. I fed him a bit and gave it to all his bugs for gutload. Skinned grapes have been suggested and worked well for others.
Also, running or moving water. Increased mistings and humidity helps. Have you tried the shower? Twister's health improved all the way around when I started putting him in the shower once a week or so. I didn't put him right in the spray but would dribble handfuls of water over his sides. Then, I would put a little ceramic food bowl under the dripper and the splashing always caught his attention and must have helped because he would go close to where the water was dripping to finally do his "dooty".

Hope everything comes out okay for you and your little one! :)

Back
Top Bottom