Newbie cage check

Test run

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 149
I'm trying to come up with a good way to add a door as well if anyone has any suggestions thanks everyone

What about adding a live tree to the cage for more hiding places and a great way for water to collect on the leaves. But yes remove the substrate, then you will need to have a way to collect the water.

I drilled a quarter inch hole in bottom glass an strung yarn down to a bucket. There are some small ficus trees in bottom that are small because I got them when it was only the tank. The no substrate would definitely make cleaning easier I was under the impression that it helped with humidity. It does stay pretty dry even with 20 second mistings every 1.5 hours. I'm going to get a taller ficus maybe that will help with humidity. Thanks for the tips

If you don't have substrate, you'll have to find a way to catch any excess water. Substrate isn't terrible if you top it off with a decent layer of oak leaves and can go a long way to soak up any excess water. It will have to be swapped out fairly regularly though, since you shouldn't have soaking wet substrate either. It's a balancing act of how much water goes in and how much you can remove in that time and having a glass enclosure makes it difficult if you can't drill any drainage holes.

Luis

Well I have drilled a 1/4" hole in the bottom of the tank to allow drainage. Do you think that's enough? The bark is staying wet an not draining much through the yarn I have attached. I am going to remove the substrate and try an find a nice live plant to put in there. I'm thinking a ficus any other suggestions ? Kinda wanted a more tropical looking plant.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 162
Back
Top Bottom