New Pygmy Enclosure.

Scout

Established Member
Hey everyone, I have been doing research and studying others set ups. I finally went out and purchased a 20 gallon tall glass terrarium. I also purchased "hydro balls" or clay fired balls for my bottom layer of substrate, I also purchased some weed blocker that I will cut and use to keep the substrates from mixing. I will be using Eco-earth along with some natural moss. Should I add in sand and natural soil? I picked up a few small dwarf umbrella trees, a nice ivy, and a fern. I will be looking for a spotted croton, baby tears, and a few others. I was planning on setting my substate up, bottom layer hydro balls, then weed screen, then mix of moss and coco fiber, with dirt and sand maybe? I heard the sand is supposed to make the dirt more easy for live plant roots.

I've never used sand but there shouldn't be any issues. Post some pictures when you're ready and good luck :)

I probably won't use sand, I'll most likely use plain soil, Eco earth, and moss.
I purchased the last bag of Hydro balls from my pet shop, I don't think it'll be enough, what do you think?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 127
I buy my hydroton from a hydroponics store, there's one on my way home from work. They had several different sized bags, too. You may want to see if you have one in nearby town.

I filled up a nice layer of hydro balls, I used all natural terrarium moss mixed into coco fiber and organic potting soil, topped with a thin layer of just soil, followed by a thin layer of coco fiber. I will be adding plants tomorrow.

Picture!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 147
I got my plants and moss in. Here is a few photos, I just need a few more twigs and branches.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 181
Back
Top Bottom