NEW HERE

Hello I've recently purchased a veiled chameleon , after wanting one for so long . Just looking to get some feed back on my set up im gonna post . Also was interested on starting to breed panthers if anyone can point me to a good breeder and where i would even start doing that . Thank you

Attachments

• IMG_1604.jpeg
    IMG_1604.jpeg
    152.4 KB · Views: 21
Hello and welcome to the forum! Could you please fill out this form so I can check your husbandry. Where did you get your chameleon from? And could you get some close up pictures to make he/she is healthy. In a minute I’m going to send some links if you need help. 😊

Chameleon Info:

• Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What are the size of the feeders? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.
Cage Info:

• Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
  • Location - Where are you geographically located?
Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.

--------------

Please Note:

1. The more details you provide the better and more accurate help you will receive.
  2. Photos can be very helpful.

Congrats! 🎊🎉 I hope you have a great time with your cham. If you need any help just holler. What’s his/her name?
Here are some links if you need help with husbandry: Chameleon Academy ~ YouTube ~ Neptune The Chameleon ~ YouTube
Here are some links for food and supplies: Food ~ Food as well ~ Leap Supplies ~ Arcadia
And here is a link for some discounts: Neptune the Chameleon Discount
Enjoy your new chameleon!😊

It could take up to 2 weeks for a new chameleon to get settled into their new home. During that time you want to give your cham space, no handling, and you don’t really want he. To see you just staring at them. You want them to have a good first impression in their new home. I did this with my cham and he has settled in perfectly. Here are 2 video links that you should watch for when you get your new chameleon: Chameleon Academy Neptune the Chameleon

If your chameleon is 3 months or older they need to have a 2x2x4 enclosure. This is so they have space. I know that pet stores like petsmart have chams in little enclosures but their husbandry isn’t the best. A lot of times their chams aren’t very healthy. I just want to make sure everything is good so you can have a healthy chameleon. 😊 I will tag some people who could help you on breeding because I don’t know a thing. @Camiezone and @Gingero (@Gingero is Neptune the Chameleon. From what I’ve been watching she is currently in the breeding process)

That setup would not work long term with Panther. Or any large chameleon species commonly offered in pet trade.

Candy Crush said: Hello I've recently purchased a veiled chameleon , after wanting one for so long . Just looking to get some feed back on my set up im gonna post . Also was interested on starting to breed panthers if anyone can point me to a good breeder and where i would even start doing that . Thank you
Breeding chameleons and raising up babies is one of the most interesting experiences. But it is a lot of work and chameleons aren’t the easiest to breed and raise up if you do it properly. Now, doing an episode on breeding has always been a challenge for me because there are so many different aspects of breeding that I end up making an episode out of just one focused aspect. But in this episode I have committed to myself that I will keep it as a general overview to be able to touch on each stage and decision point in the entire breeding lifecycle.

Back
Top Bottom