New Enclosure Questions

emilyshannon

About a month ago I brought home my first veiled chqm, Rango. Original, I know haha. Previously I had him in a 40 gal tank which I researched and found all in all isn't the best for my baby. So my concern is that I just built him a decent enclosure from an old dresser hutch. He has his heat lamp, regular lamp, a Camellia tree, and multiple artifical plants lining the walls, and a carpet instead of substrate. Is all of this ok? My thing is that in the tank he would gladly come out and endlessly venture. Now, if he even sees my hand hes afraid. He's also eating dead leaves, but I read that's fine. I'm sure this is normal but Im just overly concerned?

You say he has a heat lamp and a regular lamp, is the regular lamp UVB? If not, you'll need to get a UVB bulb, it is required for chameleons.

Are you misting him? The only issues I've read about with carpet flooring is keeping them clean. Do you monitor your humidity?

As mentioned, try and post a photo of it.

Yes it is UVB. I have a makeshift dripper. I clean daily what's on the carpet but change every couple of weeks. I do mist everyday and do have a digital thermometer and hygrometer.

Back
Top Bottom