New chameleon, strange behavior.

roguekiller23231

so i have a new veiled chameleon after my 5 year old veiled died, but i'm having some issues.

he is very scared, they kept him in a mesh enclosure at the pet shop, he seems like he has never been handled a day in his life so is going to be very hard work to tame him.

he's a 7 month old veiled male, the problem i'm having is that he seems to have an issue with using his back legs, he is fine when moving, but when he's sitting he is sort of slumped or he is lying on things rather than holding himself up, one of his back legs is hardly ever holding anything and he seems to always hold it up in the air.

it could be nothing and me over reacting, but i'm not sure.

could you post some pics of him? Sometimes, as I am sure you know they will dangle their legs when they are lying on a branch. Have you checked the underneath of his foot to make sure there is nothing wrong that he does not want to grasp?

i'll try to post some pics tomorrow, but it might be in a few days as i'm real and it's hard to get a picture of him in a good position to see the issue.

i have checked his leg and foot, he's got a good strong grip, no bumps or bends or signs of pain when going over his legs.

Back
Top Bottom