New baby Veiled - not yet eating?

Got the real camera out today. This was my favorite pic. Today was Leon's first trip to the great outdoors for some natural sun :) I think he started to get a little unsure of this experience (or it could have be me with my big ole camera in is face, lol), and we quickly went back inside soon after this picture was taken.

Attachments

• DSC05156.jpg
    DSC05156.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 99
Got the real camera out today. This was my favorite pic. Today was Leon's first trip to the great outdoors for some natural sun :) I think he started to get a little unsure of this experience (or it could have be me with my big ole camera in is face, lol), and we quickly went back inside soon after this picture was taken.

He looks good! Handsome little guy. :)

I'm happy to find another Washingtonian on the Forum! :) I just got my first Cham, a veiled, a few weeks ago, and have learned a lot here.

Leon is very cute. I'm enjoying my little guy, too. Who knew a little lizard could be so entertaining?

I'm happy to find another Washingtonian on the Forum! :) I just got my first Cham, a veiled, a few weeks ago, and have learned a lot here.

Leon is very cute. I'm enjoying my little guy, too. Who knew a little lizard could be so entertaining?

Thanks Pascal! Yeah these cool little creatures are just amazing :D
I agree, this forum has an amazing amount of great info and a ton of super cool people willing to help in any way they can. I have learned a ton here and continue to find myself hitting the search button quite often for something new.
Enjoy your new friend! :)

P.S. Oh Yeah... Washington Rocks!! ;)

Last edited:
Leon looks great and it sounds like he has a good family to take care of him . Be careful, chams are addictive! It's hard to just have one.

My girl Xena does the turns-sideways-and-gets-dark thing too and it totally scared me at first because my first veiled chameleon Louie never did that. Good luck with Leon and keep us all updated on how he's doing!

Leon looks great and it sounds like he has a good family to take care of him ��. Be careful, chams are addictive! It's hard to just have one.

My girl Xena does the turns-sideways-and-gets-dark thing too and it totally scared me at first because my first veiled chameleon Louie never did that. Good luck with Leon and keep us all updated on how he's doing!

Thanks Sapphira :) Yeah we are totally addicted now! :D Having almost as much fun with his food too lol who knew playing with bugs could be so much fun haha Here he is enjoying a nice bask in the rays after a big breakfast of crickets, hornworms and butter worms. what a piggy :roll eyes:

Attachments

• IMG_2921.JPG
    IMG_2921.JPG
    117.8 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_2923.JPG
    IMG_2923.JPG
    144.2 KB · Views: 122
Did you get Leon a Dragon Strand enclosure? (Just going by what I could see in the last photo.) It's amazing how fast they grow, isn't it?

Pascal's new enclosure came via UPS yesterday. The decor comes today. Can't wait! This will be a mid-size for him, a 30" x 30" x 18". I'll likely get an even larger one for him later and use this one for a panther someday. This one will do for the space I have available at the moment, and Pascal LOVES the roominess.

Is there a local supplier of butterworms in Tacoma or are you having them shipped? I'm down in Lewis County and the only live feeders available here are crix, mealwoms and superworms. I've asked if there are any other feeder insects available and I get a puzzled, "Like what?" response.

Of the two places close that sell crickets, one of them cheats on the numbers. I ask for five dozen, he gives me 3 but charges for 5. When I call him on it, he gets pissy.

Have a great 4th. This record hot/dry weather should make things interesting.

Back
Top Bottom