Never seen a cham poop like this, normal??

Ocelot357

Chameleon Info:

Your Chameleon - Panther, Male , 12 mnths. How long has it been in your care? 3 weeks.

Handling - maybe 3 times

Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? - Dubia roaches, Superworms. What amount? - Dubias, he will only eat a few a day, doesnt eat much. Superworms i have given him a few once in a while and he loves them. What is the schedule? - i feed in the morning only in a little feeder cup.

How are you gut-loading your feeders? - Roaches, Cricket crack, flukers water crystals (yellow), apple, oats

Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule? repcal with and without d3 and herptitive. Until yesterday, i had him outdoors 24/7 so i only gave him calcium without D3 about twice a week, but since he doesnt eat alot, he'll probably get 1 or 2 roaches with dusting on those days. and only gave him a Herptitive dusted superworm once since ive had him.

Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking? i use Mistking to mist about 4 times a day for 4 minutes and i have seen him drink water, but not recently since i just moved him indoors.

Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites? - Has not been tested for parasites. Ive noticed this twice, his poo has been a splatter rather than a solid normal one. (SEE PICS)

History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:

Cage Type - Screen Cage, about 3 feet in height,

Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule? - "all living things" 18 linear tube bulb with 25 microwatts of uvb. and basking is a 60 watt regular compact bulb.

Temperature - have not measured temp inside, but since im in los angeles i go by the outside temps

Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?- Humidity is from 50 to 80 percent 80 being when cage is misted with mistking. Measure humidity with zilla humidity gauge.

Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind? - Schflerra

Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor? - Cage is in my room next to window that does not get direct sunlight. Not high traffic area and top of cage is around 6'5

Location - Where are you geographically located? - Los Angeles,Ca

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about. - just noticed his poo, it doesnt look normal (SEE PIC) its not a solid poo, more like a splatter

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 216
  • image[1].jpg
    image[1].jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 151
poop problem/ eating problem

My one year+ Ambilobe Panther did that after eating a whole blueberry that I left for the feeders. Went back to normal next time.
I am trying to vary his diet but all he wants is Super Worms (about 3 every other day) and occasional crickets that free range. He gets about 4 to 8 crickets every other day. Of course he gets calcium and vitamins. I tried to feed him full grown Dubia Roaches and I only saw him eat one. It took him a bit more than normal to chew it up. Another got away and I never found it when cleaning the cage. (I am assuming he did eat it) When he refuses the food, he will climb right over the food and onto me. He has always been super friendly and loves to sit on my shoulder or arm as I type.
Now I have three more roaches left that I have been offering for about a month. He refuses them every time. He will hunger strike till he gets the Super Worms or feed on the free range crickets. This last week the Dubia Roaches are multiplying. Maybe he will eat the smaller ones as they mature.
Greg

My one year+ Ambilobe Panther did that after eating a whole blueberry that I left for the feeders. Went back to normal next time.
I am trying to vary his diet but all he wants is Super Worms (about 3 every other day) and occasional crickets that free range. He gets about 4 to 8 crickets every other day. Of course he gets calcium and vitamins. I tried to feed him full grown Dubia Roaches and I only saw him eat one. It took him a bit more than normal to chew it up. Another got away and I never found it when cleaning the cage. (I am assuming he did eat it) When he refuses the food, he will climb right over the food and onto me. He has always been super friendly and loves to sit on my shoulder or arm as I type.
Now I have three more roaches left that I have been offering for about a month. He refuses them every time. He will hunger strike till he gets the Super Worms or feed on the free range crickets. This last week the Dubia Roaches are multiplying. Maybe he will eat the smaller ones as they mature.
Greg

yea, mine is a very picky guy!. He loves the worms. He will eat the roaches but if he has a choice, he'll eat the worms

Back
Top Bottom