Need help with breeding

Spaz66

What do i do when my male panther is to aggressive with my female ? they are both virgins, shes almost 2 and hes just passed 1 year. Ive done some research, weave tried putting her in with him,him in with her in her cage and its the same thing. Does anybody have any advise:confused

Ive never had this problem really. Is he attacking her? They will/can gt a little rough when trying to mount afemale. If hes lunging and biting at her that a diff story. You can try puting their cages next to each other for a day and let them see but not touch or fight w each other. Then try reintroducing him to her cage. He should be more submissive in a strange place. Or try puttn both on a free range tree, if hes sill being to aggressive. So they are on neutral ground. Should help with his territorial issues. First time males are a little eager sometimes.

she was showing receptive coloring untill he was on top of her, then she went to her neutral and then dark colors. he usually ticks his head for a minute then charges her, he grabs her tail and back and side to the point that its obvious that its hurting her and she has bit him. they are in different cages next to each other for about 3 days, then tryd putting him in her cage and its still the same. his cage is 3'x3'x6' and hers is 24"x24"x36" .

Put them together on a small tree or bush outside if available for a couple of days so they can break the ice. Next take the female to the males cage the next day and open the door. Put the female in and your male should start head bobbing. They will breed GL.

That sounds pretty normal. She is a virgin so she prob doesnt like hime grabbing her. But if they arent fighting and showing defensive posturing and colors then just let him have at her. The first time my ambanjas bred i was worried he was raping my poor little girl. But she was fine. Young males are just excited and sometimes a little too rough. If she attempting to bite before copulation thats a different story.

thank you so much for the advise were gonna try that, to see how it goes more advise welcome we will keep you guys updated:cool:

she shows receptive colors and she does her lil dance but as soon as he goes to grab her she runs away
:confused:
were planning to try the tree thing tomorrow to see how it goes hopefully its sunny ,ill post an update tomorrow

You said..."then she went to her neutral and then dark colors"...if she went dark then she is saying "no" and they should be separated.

we've had them separated for about a week she only turn dark once when he actualy got on top of her and grabbed her on her back i think she got scared because she is a virgin we've been scared to put them together again since because he approaches her to aggressively ,since then we've been trying to figure out what would be the best way to introduce them again and we like the tree idea so were gonna try that if that doesn't work,were gonna stop trying for a long while or maybe consider getting another female everything's up in the air for now. ;)

its confusing to me because this is our first time breeding and shes been doing all the receptive thing and we even notice her lil "vjj" opening up a lil ,right now there both on the tree shes doing all the receptive things shes dancing no dark colors hes doing his ticking and were just waiting now to see what happens ;) will post updates

UPDATE :
he was a lot gentle with her this time a lot of spooning but no forking yet :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom