Need help with babe

ForrestJungle

So I am getting my little girl tomorrow. She is coming in the mail. Can anyone give me some details on what to do when she shows up. How to take her out. How to introduce her to her new cage.
Such things like that.

Hey,
I was wondering the same thing. I just went on youtube and typed in ____(type of chameleon) unboxing video. Just watch what some people do. I'm guessing you just have to open the box very carefully. Make sure you don't move it too much or shake it. Then carefully just keep opening it slowly until you get to the chameleon. I saw a few people not handle their chameleon as soon as they got it. Instead I just saw them put the little container they come in right next to a branch and let them climb out of the container and get on the branch. I don't know if you could handle it quickly as soon as you get it or just let it come out of the container on its own. I would just let it come out of the container on its own. Hope this helps man. Make sure to post pics!! :D

Hey,
I was wondering the same thing. I just went on youtube and typed in ____(type of chameleon) unboxing video. Just watch what some people do. I'm guessing you just have to open the box very carefully. Make sure you don't move it too much or shake it. Then carefully just keep opening it slowly until you get to the chameleon. I saw a few people not handle their chameleon as soon as they got it. Instead I just saw them put the little container they come in right next to a branch and let them climb out of the container and get on the branch. I don't know if you could handle it quickly as soon as you get it or just let it come out of the container on its own. I would just let it come out of the container on its own. Hope this helps man. Make sure to post pics!! :D

Yeah, there are definitely a lot of videos there and you picked up some
Good information. Every chameleon I have ever bought online came in a deli cup inside the packaging. After initial inspecting(not opened) I just place the cup at the bottom of their new cage, take the lid off, and shut the door giving them privacy. They usually climb right out and start climbing up to their branches. I do not handle them on the day of arrival at all, but do offer food a few hours after they settle in, checking on them at the same time. Hope this helps. Good luck and congrats on the new chams.

Carefuly open the box. sometimes, rarely, but sometimes, the cham has gotten loose in the box and you dont want to cut them with the knife or let them escape.

once the box is opened, you can carefully remove the cup or bag the cham is in.

remove the lid, and if you cham is willing, you can let them crawl on your hand so you can place them in the cage.
If they wont come out of the cup, just leave the lid off, and place the cup with them in it in the cage, positioned so the cham can grab something to get out of the cup.

I would spray the leaves of your cage down first, getting them nice and wet, before you place your cham in the cage, so that they can drink. shipped chams are often dehydrated.

then, let her be. dont touch her or watch her for a few hours, and it can take several days to even weeks for them to settle in,

Great info. I will be getting my male veiled tomorrow, Thursday. I had planned on doing what you all have suggested. So exciting, can't wait.

also remember they are coming out of complete darkness for well over 12 hours, so keep the lights down as you open the box.
maybe even think about turning the flash off on your camera...
cuz if there are no pics it didn't happen :D:D:D

also remember they are coming out of complete darkness for well over 12 hours, so keep the lights down as you open the box.
maybe even think about turning the flash off on your camera...
cuz if there are no pics it didn't happen :D:D:D

^^^^^
This. pics or it didnt happen! We alll require proof.

She is in a cloth bag. Once you untie it and open it up, some chams will come right out, others need a little coaxing.
Get her to her cage so she can warm up.

Back
Top Bottom