Need Help on Humidity

okay now i am concern with humidity, it has dropped from 60% to 40 and now 30 what can i do, j have lots of plants and i have a plastic around the open cage? is there something wrong here? i have installed a mist king and i had it the mist very 2 house noon time tip 4pm and now i pushed from 7am tip 5pm very 2 hours and it seems like its nearly makes a difference on humidity. here are my pics

View attachment 103213

View attachment 103214

View attachment 103215

View attachment 103216

Where is the humidity gauge mounted? If its up towards the lights the humidity level will fluctuate a lot more than if you put the gauge lower down where the plants buffer evaporation more. He can retreat to a more humid area of the cage if he wants to. Again, you want cycles of higher and lower humidity, not a constantly high level. Ideally you want the misting to supply lots of hanging droplets he can drink from as well as general moisture. During the warmer part of the day the cage should be allowed to dry out. When the next misting cycle goes off the level will rise again, etc etc.

Try checking the humidity level of the ROOM itself, not just the cage. If your room is very dry because you are heating or cooling it, that will affect how rapidly your cage dries out. A room humidifier can help moderate that.

Where is the humidity gauge mounted? If its up towards the lights the humidity level will fluctuate a lot more than if you put the gauge lower down where the plants buffer evaporation more. He can retreat to a more humid area of the cage if he wants to. Again, you want cycles of higher and lower humidity, not a constantly high level. Ideally you want the misting to supply lots of hanging droplets he can drink from as well as general moisture. During the warmer part of the day the cage should be allowed to dry out. When the next misting cycle goes off the level will rise again, etc etc.

Try checking the humidity level of the ROOM itself, not just the cage. If your room is very dry because you are heating or cooling it, that will affect how rapidly your cage dries out. A room humidifier can help moderate that.

At first I had guage at top where the basking is and it was alot lower percentage and then i lowered the gauge where he usually chills and it was slightly above 34% and I have him in the living room. I have a fogger will that work?

Back
Top Bottom