need help fast please I'm scared

Sterlingcham

so i have never encountered this till today i was watering my ambi panther and all of the sudden he starts freaking out and only moving towards his left side i then video it and took some pics he is leaning towards his left side and won't do anything sept for move left and clumsily too. I'm scared cuz I've never seen this happen and i don't know what to do and i don't know if it is something super serious or if he is just like having a seizure or something i put him in a bin with blankest and towels because when i tried to see if he would walk straight back into his cage and he didn't and fell almost but i had my hand under him just in case please please please help men don't want the little guy hurt. he is 1.5 years old i will fill out form but i don't think this has to do with his husbandry

no not scared at all he will only move left and won't even do that right it like he got hit in the head super hard and has a concusion and doesn't know how to move right anymore

its like he went retarded all of the sudden i don't understand and i can't put him back in his cage cuz all he will do it hurt himself looks like he is sleeping with me in his bin tonight and vet tmrw but i need to know whats happening so if it is super serious and not just a movement issue then i will take him to the animal hospital now

yes i do have the video its odd to watch and i do not know how to upload it at all as it is taken on my phone because its the only thing i had handy and I'm just stressed out now and I'm freaking i need some help people i don't know whats heaping to my poor guy and i don't want him to up and die on me

he is still just moving to his left and i can get another video of it but that doesn't help like literally he can ONLY move LEFT no other way just one way super tight left turns in circles almost and sometimes he just falls over when his left turn is too tight

So bizarre my female jacks doing this to. I chalked it up to boredom. Took her outside but she still did it. What state are you in. I'm in fl. I've been looking up possible poisoning but my girl also has a back deformity. You get any new plants lately? Or do anything different in your chams house or even your house?

First off please relax and calm your self the worry will only make this situation worse i am going through the exact same problem as you are. I Went to the vet with my translucent female veiled on Monday i awoke to the exact same thing you are describing.

The Vet who is a avid reptile breeder said this is most likely a inner ear infection and put her on fortaz a dewormer as a precaution and had been given a shot for traveling parasite. This is day 3 for me and she still walks to the left but is making attempts at walking straight and to the right. If you would like to talk further on this please message my inbox and ill give u my number but most of all please relax and take the little one to the vet as soon as possible.

Although my case is similar it may not be the exact problem which is why the vet is a good idea. Im sure many more people will weigh in on this so absorb what they say but most important is the vet.

im in washington state and nothing has changed really i took his female out of his cage yesterday after 1 whole day of them trying to breed and then today he was normal up until i was about to mist him for the last time tonight and then he went crazy and left turned like no other and has been doing it ever sense so about 30 min now so i put him in screened box no light so he will hopefully go to sleep and wake up not trip pin i hope but I'm scared and like i said don't want to loose him i love him far too much i would be devastated

eliza i do not need to upload the video because my guy is doing literally that exact same thing looks the same stumbles the same and everything. if it is a seizure how long should it last and what should i do. if not a seizure then what is it and how can i help with it because i care so so much about this guy he is probably my fav out of my chams which is terrible to say but he is and i would be most devastated if he were to die i would cry and have to get rid of all my other chams as they would remind me of him too much I'm literally in tears just thinking that something is wrong with him. its bad

I never thought about the inner ear infection. I'm hoping along with you to the vet now it looks like. My girl is on left turn day 3. I'd mention that to the vet wen you go ! Poor baby it's gonna be ok I'd almost hope for a one time seizure deal

your girls has been turning just left for 3 days now ?? I'm just worried he won't stop and then i will have to put him down because he won't be able to get to food or his water if he can only lefty turn. idk I'm just freaking out right now and i will i had someone that knew whats happening and how to help my guy out

Its late in the day put him too sleep put him in a dark room and hopefully a good sleep might get him out of it. That's scary .good luck with him

already done dragons i put him in a screen bin 20x18x24 covered it with some towels and made sure he had towels all over the floor on the inside and left him in dark so hopefully he falls asleep

eliza i do not need to upload the video because my guy is doing literally that exact same thing looks the same stumbles the same and everything. if it is a seizure how long should it last and what should i do. if not a seizure then what is it and how can i help with it because i care so so much about this guy he is probably my fav out of my chams which is terrible to say but he is and i would be most devastated if he were to die i would cry and have to get rid of all my other chams as they would remind me of him too much I'm literally in tears just thinking that something is wrong with him. its bad

The chameleon in that video was better the next morning. If your chameleon is still veering left in the morning, I think that's more suggestive of an ear infection. He should definitely see the vet in that case.

If he's all better in the morning, I think it becomes a "wait and see" thing. Seizures are weird, they can happen once, then never happen again or they can be a chronic issue. If your vet is willing, you might send him your video and get an opinion.

They are both stating 1.5 yr old animals. I would like to know if these two animals came from the same breeder or is this the same person?

I find it hard to believe this is a result of a seizure. I know there are different types of seizures but if reptile seizures are anything like humans. When i was younger i got a bad bump to the head that triggered a seizure. I did not come out of it doing anything of the sort. I also had a few more later that did nothing of the sort.

If the animal were mine. I would get an xray done to see if there is any mass or growths within the head. I would also see if they could test if there is a infection going on in the body somewhere.

Maybe this animal is a result of inbreeding?

Just my two cents..I hope you get this figured out. best of luck to you!@

i also agree with the inbreeding as a possibility. I also think it's weird that 3 different people all have the same problem there was a worn shortage for a wile anyone know if it was for health reasons ? Possibly we all got bugs from the same big company that distros to the smaller ones maybe carrying the same parasite in the bugs something to post maybe on the forum see if anyone has heard about such things.

When i was younger i got a bad bump to the head that triggered a seizure. I did not come out of it doing anything of the sort.

I've had the misfortune to witness many seizures in my chihuahua and she has done exactly that. It's the seeming "leading" with one side and constant turning in one direction that made me think "post seizure activity."

I'm not saying it is a seizure, but that behavior matches what I've seen after a seizure. It could, obviously, be a number of things.

Possibly we all got bugs from the same big company

That's a disturbingly possible idea.

Last edited:
so i have never encountered this till today i was watering my ambi panther and all of the sudden he starts freaking out and only moving towards his left side i then video it and took some pics he is leaning towards his left side and won't do anything sept for move left and clumsily too. I'm scared cuz I've never seen this happen and i don't know what to do and i don't know if it is something super serious or if he is just like having a seizure or something i put him in a bin with blankest and towels because when i tried to see if he would walk straight back into his cage and he didn't and fell almost but i had my hand under him just in case please please please help men don't want the little guy hurt. he is 1.5 years old i will fill out form but i don't think this has to do with his husbandry

I have read all the posts on this thread and am keeping my fingers crossed
that I see a positive post from you today that your cham is better.

There are just so many things we still need to learn about this wonderful and
fragile animals.
As has already been said, a cham medical book has never been writen, and likely never will since these are such exotic creatures.

PLEASE post an update :confused:

Back
Top Bottom