need help asap with my panther eggs please

coreyflowers1

My little girl layed 13 eggs her first clutch.I did everything I read on here.the eggs are in moist vermiculite and in a dark closet with the temperature between 70 and 80.I live in south Texas so its either hot as hell or cold.I came home today after work and found 3 collapsed and 2 with mold on them.from what I have read that is a sign of to much moisture and a sign of not enough .....can someone please help me so I don't loose all of my eggs.thanks in advance yall

How long have you had the eggs incubating for? Sometimes eggs will mold after a month or so of there infertile. As for substrate vermiculite alone is tricky cause it may be over watered and still look a little dry. I recommend using a mix of perlite and vermiculite. Then spraying on the water rather than pouring it in the container. Also puncture a small hole. This way it can breathe fresh air if not the air sits and creates bacteria which in turn developes into mold.

They have been incubating for alomost a month.I have five small holes drilled in the lid of the of the Tupperware container.she was bred...everything went the way it should.is there a chance the eggs would not be fertile even if she was bred?

Not sure were spraying the eggs came from.I never have sprayed them.I haven't added any water since the day they were put in the Tupperware container.

Not sure were spraying the eggs came from.I never have sprayed them.I haven't added any water since the day they were put in the Tupperware container.

It was the other poster, said spray but I didn't want you to think he meant spray the eggs, they meant spray first, then add eggs.

Last edited:
This is my first clutch of eggs and I sure hate to lose them.I don't know what to do.and I'm sorry if I sounded rude.wasent meant like that

13eggs seems like a very low number for a panther even on her first time. Not saying you did anything wrong. How old are the sire and dam? They may be too young to produce very well (not to say they are). Other possible issues could possibly be that the eggs are infertile which has already been said and can happen whether they breed (did you witness them actually copulate or just assume because they were together while she was gravid?) or not depending on circumstances outside anyone's control and could happen if the male is sterile or if the female didn't take. Other issues could be the temperature of the incubator or containers inside the incubator which will be a little different from eachother. There are a ton of factors which could contribute to egg loss so don't let this discourage you.

Yea I seen everything happen and it all went the way it was supposed to.I'm thinking she didn't take.the male is a year and half old and the female is.a year old.thanks for your time and input I really appreciate it.

Back
Top Bottom