Nap Time!

Bsimms

My buddy Steve decided he wanted to take a nap on my finger lol. Tell me what you think.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    227.5 KB · Views: 121
He shouldn't be sleeping on your hand like that , that's normally a sign something is wrong !

Agreed, if it is during daylight hours, that's not a good thing. They don't nap when healthy, even when they are babies. If this continues tomorrow, I would seek help as to why he is doing so.

That baby is so small, how old is it? If it is daytime, it should not be sleeping like that. If it continues to do this, definitely ask for help on the forums or consult a vet.

Well he doesn't sleep in his terrarium unless it is nightime but he doesn't move around very much just kind of sits in different spots at different times of the day. What does it mean if he is sleeping during the day I don't have a lot of money to seek a vet.

Well he doesn't sleep in his terrarium unless it is nightime but he doesn't move around very much just kind of sits in different spots at different times of the day. What does it mean if he is sleeping during the day I don't have a lot of money to seek a vet.

It could be a number of things to be honest, he should be very active climbing and exploring his cage not just siting in one place all day even my one year old Cham is still very active, do you give him supplements and do you properly gutload his feeders?? If you fill out the how to ask for help form we should be able to point out the problem

Sleeping/closing the eyes in the cage could be a sign of the lighting being incorrect, too intense on his eyes, etc. Out of the cage tells me something else is going on. It could be anything from parasites to dehydration to vitamin A deficiency, there are many different things that can cause this. In general, as the others have said it is not a good sign. Chameleons do not take naps. They sleep at night always. I suggest if it continues, to find a way to get the little guy to a vet.

Back
Top Bottom