My Turn with the Kinyongia tenuis (Usambara Soft-horned Chameleon)

Ryan Jarosek

Here is a few pictures of a pair of k. tenuis.

Male

IMG_8193.jpg

IMG_8191.jpg

IMG_8184.jpg

Female

IMG_8176.jpg

IMG_8177.jpg

IMG_8180.jpg

Your female has some really nice color! My female is about to shed I hope she has those nice greens under her dirty skin ;) They look good!

See ya,

Todd

The female is very beautiful. Her nose reminds me of a conifer seedling or a tip of new growth in a conifer. You are reserved whether or not you will keep them? :confused:

The female is very beautiful. Her nose reminds me of a conifer seedling or a tip of new growth in a conifer. You are reserved whether or not you will keep them? :confused:

I am hoping to put up Gravid female pics up soon in the reserved post. :)

Do you have any close up shots of the male's underside or hemipenal bulges? It looks like you may have two females...

I believe you. My female looks very similar to that and I have limited experience with them, so was just curious. How big is your group?

first one is definately a male, you should look at the black shoulder patch and the orange/red nose, no doubt about it.

best regards

Joery

Very nice Ryan. That is definitely a 1.1 pair, as you said. Its interesting though because the female's horn is very elongate (more elongate then most females) and the male's horn has been worn down to a length most similar to females. . The coloration of the horn (red/brown in males and green/blue in females) has always been accurate in sexing adults in my experience, however. I can definitely see the bulge in the second photo of the male though.

Chris

Back
Top Bottom