My Tamatave

chamtrainer

Avid Member
Here are a few pictures of my Tamatave. He is almost a year and half and he is almost achieving full coloration. He is about 16 inches long and 150 grams. He eats great and is captive bred. Not to mention that he is a proven breeder as well! He has small burns but its no biggie. The vet says he is in GREAT shape. I named him Scar due to him looking like the lion from Lion King. Tell me what you guys think :D

Attachments

• Picture 060.jpg
    Picture 060.jpg
    245.9 KB · Views: 257
  • Picture 061.jpg
    Picture 061.jpg
    244.1 KB · Views: 255
  • Picture 062.jpg
    Picture 062.jpg
    261.6 KB · Views: 310
Last edited:
What's wrong with his mouth?

Where did you get him? I've only noticed the WCs that have been coming in.

First off thats a beautiful panther you have!!!:D

Second that has to be the ugliest couch i have ever seen:eek::cool:lol

Here are a few pictures of my Tamatave. He is almost a year and half and he is almost achieving full coloration. He is about 16 inches long and 150 grams. He eats great and is captive bred. Not to mention that he is a proven breeder as well! He has small burns but its no biggie. The vet says he is in GREAT shape. I named him Scar due to him looking like the lion from Lion King. Tell me what you guys think :D

Looks like a wild caught with a mouth infection.

Allen: That is the ugliest couch ever! lol

To everyone else, he has had problems in the past but he is a captive bred and it is verified by a couple very reputable breeders. His mouth is shaped like that but he does not have mouth rot. The vet is also very experienced with chameleons and agrees with me that he is in perfect health.

Why is his mouth like that?

A healthy mouth isn't shaped like that....

It is not mouth rot. Lots of chameleons have mouths that curve up like that as well. That is just the shape of the mouth many vets and reputable breeders have checked him out and all agreed that he is very healthy. Not every little thing in a chameleons life is a critical condition/disease nor should we assume it is. I agree that chameleons need tons of care and attention but they are hardier than most people give them credit for.

If he had issues in the past they could have caused deformities that are now cured but have left behind the scars.

His colors are extraordinary, that white and orange is beautiful. I hope he continues to do better with you, he certainly looks like he had a rough begining.

It is not mouth rot. Lots of chameleons have mouths that curve up like that as well. That is just the shape of the mouth many vets and reputable breeders have checked him out and all agreed that he is very healthy. Not every little thing in a chameleons life is a critical condition/disease nor should we assume it is. I agree that chameleons need tons of care and attention but they are hardier than most people give them credit for.

sorry that is not normal. an a few burns? that poor dude is beat up if its cb.

He was raised from the egg by Pardalisgirl. He is actually captive hatched. His dam was part of a group that came in between 2 and 3 years ago. The dam came in gravid with a group of beautiful Tamataves.

Pardalisgirl said he and his brother both rubbed their faces on their reptivines and damaged their snouts when young. The rest of the clutch found new homes long ago, while these 2 got heldback. Pardalisgirl is moving to Utah. I fostered these 2 since December and now both are in new, hopefully forever, homes.

There is no mouth rot just missing tissue replaced by scars. Pardalis girl treated them when they were babies after they damaged themselves. We kept a close eye on the damaged areas while they were here and had no problems. And Chamtrainer has already had him to the vet for a check up.

Both he and his brother were very good eaters and drinkers while I had them. And very active, too.

This guy should produce some outstanding offspring.

I should add that the transactions were handled as foster care. Nobody made any money on these guys.

Yes, he does look rough. To top it all off his brother is also a stub tail. Talk about a rough adolescence.

Last edited:

I had one baby from my last clutch that one baby dammaged its mouth some how.it ate fine and grew. I had my vet check it out . It to was fine, I sold him at a discount price and i can say hes doing great! so a funny shaped mouth wont affect much.I dig those colors.

His burns are very insignificant and healed in person. He is in prime health, is active, eats like a dog, and is great. If you are still having trouble believing he is a captive hatched then you should read Gesang's comment.

Last edited:
His burns are very insignificant and healed in person. He is in prime health, is active, eats like a dog, and is great. If you are still having trouble believing he is a captive bred then you should read Gesang's comment.

i did an its ch. an like i said its beat up for a cb or ch.healed or not.. congrats to you though

His burns are very insignificant and healed in person. He is in prime health, is active, eats like a dog, and is great. If you are still having trouble believing he is a captive bred then you should read Gesang's comment.

WC = Wild Caught
CH = Captive Hatched
CB = Captive Bred

He's Captive hatched not Captive bred.

Back
Top Bottom