My Pather Chameleon keeps falling and isnt moving around much

When my Cham wont eat spraying its under side with some worm water will stimulate it to eat. Try it out if it's not eating maybe it will work for u to. Not to hot though just enough to were u can just tell

The way the back legs are swollen looks like she may have gout. Her feet are pretty swollen too. She also looks like she is carrying a load of eggs. Get her to a vet asap or it will only be downhill from where she is now.

The way the back legs are swollen looks like she may have gout. Her feet are pretty swollen too. She also looks like she is carrying a load of eggs. Get her to a vet asap or it will only be downhill from where she is now.

ITS NOT GOUT.
Its MBD.

her legs are broken.

If you're having trouble finding calcium without D3 you can use either Tums or a cuttlebone for a bird. Grind that up really fine (coffee grinder might be your best bet) and use on every feeder. She really needs medical attention sooner rather than later. The vet can jump start the whole calcium absorption thing with a series of injections. You might also want to look into liquid calcium.

Get the basking temps down to the low 80s and keep her food on the light side.

Thanks you guys alot when i get my male believe i will be all over these forum this is my first chameleon and def not my last thanks for all the info i will update after i take her to the vet

Yes she needs a vet those back legs are signs of mbd for sure and possible clucth in that belly with the amount you feed her and the high temps she may be needing to get eggs out she forsure needs a vet asap!!!!!

My females bask at 85 and eat three four crix a day some say even that's too much but my panther females eat med crix

So today i bought the calcium with d3 and the calcium plain i also put her in a 15 pre soak of the calcium and another 15 min pre soak of calcium i also bought top soil and put it in her cage the made lil holes just in case she needs to lay eggs she looks alot better today still alil weak with her movement but she looked like she was soaking up the supplements with her skin i will start giving her the supplements she is looking pretty happy right now the swelling went down pretty fast i think she has gout the way that the swelling went down so fast but i will be rushing her to the vet asap....

Right now she looks okay and healthy i think she just needed to give birth the extra weight was alot on her body she is trying to use one of the holes i made in the dirt to lay eggs anyone can give some info on how is should be done just so i am aware??, and making sure isnt getting worse but as of right now she looks healthy in color her grip is getting stronger and she is laying in the dirt looking at the holes i made a couple with my finger... thanks again

Right now she looks okay and healthy i think she just needed to give birth the extra weight was alot on her body she is trying to use one of the holes i made in the dirt to lay eggs anyone can give some info on how is should be done just so i am aware??, and making sure isnt getting worse but as of right now she looks healthy in color her grip is getting stronger and she is laying in the dirt looking at the holes i made a couple with my finger... thanks again

laying eggs wont change the fact that she stil has MBD. and two broken legs. (at least 2 anyway).

and give info on how what should be done?

It really isn't just the eggs. The eggs are a complicating factor in a bigger problem. She hasn't been given any calcium supplementation for months and during that time has produced eggs. That means her body sucked that calcium out of her bones to make the eggs.

For the laying process, you will need to back off and give her some privacy. I suggest wrapping the bottom of the cage in newspaper and then poking a spy hole or setting up a webcam. If she knows she is being watched she might not lay and then the situation gets even worse.

After the eggs are laid she is going to need a lot of calcium. The best way to get that going is with a vet visit.

thank you she doesnt have two broken legs its one from what i see she did fall in her cage, she does have mbd which i will be taking her to the vet once i get some money which should be this week anybody know any insurance that could help it would be so much cheaper but untill than i soaked her in calcium plus d3 for 15 min and calcium for 15 min her legs looks alot better today and she is trying to push out those eggs i can tell i need to see if i have some newspaper around....

Would it be possible for you to ask your vet to see your little girl now and you pay the bill later this week when you get your money? I am no expert but reading the advice others more knowledgable than me have given it seems that your Cham needs attention now as she is very poorly and the longer this goes on the longer it will take to stabilise and the higher the vets bill will be.

thank you she doesnt have two broken legs its one from what i see she did fall in her cage, she does have mbd which i will be taking her to the vet once i get some money which should be this week anybody know any insurance that could help it would be so much cheaper but untill than i soaked her in calcium plus d3 for 15 min and calcium for 15 min her legs looks alot better today and she is trying to push out those eggs i can tell i need to see if i have some newspaper around....

The less fussing around with the chameleon, the better. What happens is when there's a problem, everyone comes out with an opinion on what to do. Then out of desperation the owner tries everything. Relax. It took her a long time to get like this. It will take her a long time to get better.

Here is what I can tell you from my experience with many chameleons coming to me like this...

1. You need neocalglucon drops. Injections are too traumatic so I recommend the calcium drops first and foremost. It is typically prescribed by a vet.
2. Refrain from handling her so much. Daily handling by your son is not necessary and although many people here will disagree with me, I'm just telling you what works for me.
3. Daily exposure to the natural sunlight, even for 15 minutes at a time with supervision so she doesn't get too hot.
4. And of course... MIST MIST MIST DRIP DRIP DRIP.

I wish you the best of luck.

The less fussing around with the chameleon, the better. What happens is when there's a problem, everyone comes out with an opinion on what to do. Then out of desperation the owner tries everything. Relax. It took her a long time to get like this. It will take her a long time to get better.

Here is what I can tell you from my experience with many chameleons coming to me like this...

1. You need neocalglucon drops. Injections are too traumatic so I recommend the calcium drops first and foremost. It is typically prescribed by a vet.
2. Refrain from handling her so much. Daily handling by your son is not necessary and although many people here will disagree with me, I'm just telling you what works for me.
3. Daily exposure to the natural sunlight, even for 15 minutes at a time with supervision so she doesn't get too hot.
4. And of course... MIST MIST MIST DRIP DRIP DRIP.

I wish you the best of luck.

and number 5... Don't even think about getting another chameleon until you know how to look after the one you have!
Not being mean but you don't wanna make the same mistakes again.. Read up about them, everything about them..

Everything financially is set after a long talk with my fiance she understands that it is an urgent issue so i will be at the vet manana thanks chamelisa i found my own vaporizer so i turned it into a mister and i also got all the right supplements and will have everything under control this is my 1st chameleon and i thought i knew it all will keep you guys updated and get some pictures after our vet visit..

Everything financially is set after a long talk with my fiance she understands that it is an urgent issue so i will be at the vet manana thanks chamelisa i found my own vaporizer so i turned it into a mister and i also got all the right supplements and will have everything under control this is my 1st chameleon and i thought i knew it all will keep you guys updated and get some pictures after our vet visit..

Good to hear. I hope everything goes well.

Neverland first of all this is my first i thought i had it under control please keep you comment to yourself i am a free human being if i want to get a tiger i will because i can thats just free will but i will always make sure the health of the animal will be fine

Neverland first of all this is my first i thought i had it under control please keep you comment to yourself i am a free human being if i want to get a tiger i will because i can thats just free will but i will always make sure the health of the animal will be fine

Like i said i wasn't being mean its just the naivety of Already planning to get another one before this chameleon is even fixed that's beyond me..
By all means its free will and your a free human being and get a tiger if you want one, just know how to care for it first.

Back
Top Bottom