My First Chameleon :)

dnallivah

I wasn't planning on posting, and just lurking about as there's so much information to read. After throwing the idea around for awhile and oogling the photo's of a friend's Chameleon I finally couldn't help myself.

I opted to get a little miss - from Komeleon's - sired by Acie. Trust me, I did a bunch of reading and mental prep before opting for my female - and maybe will get a male one day.

Anyway :) I can't help but share a couple photos. I didn't expect to be so giddy over her.

004-3.jpg

020-2.jpg

063-1.jpg

And there is a ficus in there - I hope to get some live ivy since she keeps lingering around the fake stuff.

wow, she is a cutie :)

I have one of her brothers :)

The fake stuff isn't to bad. its what im using as filler for my tops of the cage till I can get my ficus and umbrella plants to grow bigger : )

congrats on your new baby

Don't get English ivy, it's not on the safe list of plants. There's devils ivy or more common name, pothos that is good.
She's a cutie for sure and welcome to a great forum.
Kath.

Thanks on the ivy tip =) Last night my 8 year old told me "Mom, I love her so much more than I thought I would."

<3

i totally missed this thread. she's looks great amy. ;) lol...i love how kids love these animals. i haven't met a youngin yet that doesn't fall in love w/ them right away.

I might obsessively take photos. Poor thing will either get a complex or become a diva.

venus-eating.jpg

venus-eating1.jpg

venus-eating2.jpg

Edit: Wow - no idea why that last photo turned out so much bigger haha, must have forgot to resize it.

So far she's now let my youngest and oldest both hold her feeding cup and she's crept up to eat. My 4 year old loves to help me mist - he has his own special misting bottle and takes care of the bottom half of the cage ;)

Personally I started offering in a white feeder cup and then switched to a clear one so she could see my hand. Then I would offer a worm in my hand.. If she showed no interest I would pop it in the clear cup. Now unless she's in a diva mood she will mostly come over to hand feed. I'm no expert tho :)

Today was my first experience with shedding. My little miss has been super grouchy the past two days, now I know why. It started with a teeny patch on top of her head and then she suddenly was covered in flakes.

venus-shedding.jpg

venus-shedding1.jpg

venus-shedding4.jpg

venus-shedding3.jpg

venus-shedding5.jpg

venus-shedding6.jpg

Back
Top Bottom