My Encloser Build Thread.

mcbdz

Hello,
We(Actually for my son's 18th birthday) will be getting a baby ambilobe male soon. This is going to be my record of the cage build. All comments and suggestions are welcome and appreciated.
Size 56" H x 36" W x 30" D, wood frame sealed/painted, aluminum screen. Have a rubber tub in bottom that will be drilled and, drain into bucket.
Pics of progress so far. Please excuse all the mess.:eek:
DSC04449.jpg
DSC04450.jpg

Ok, this is where we stopped tonight. Just need to trim out and paint the cabinet part. Then drill hole in tub to drain to bucket. Will also go around and silicone any cracks and spaces the feeders could get and hide.

It looks great so far! I can't wait to see the rest. That's a great experience for your son too. He's very lucky.

"LML It looks great so far! I can't wait to see the rest. That's a great experience for your son too. He's very lucky. "
I agree. And I'm ready to get it finished also. Hopefully the baby will be ready next week.

"downsouthexotics Where did you get the black tub at ? "
Picked the tub up at The Tractor Supple for $17.99

i really like that tub idea :eek:

Side note, try to get your son to cup feed as that cage is massive (adult sized cage) and you want to make sure your chameleon is eating and the crickets are not just hiding where the chameleon cant find him
or just use a smaller cage till he's larger.

I agree, I love the tub idea. Thank you for posting this. I know many of us like to get new ideas for our dream enclosures. (even if we arent bob the builder types)

i really like that tub idea :eek:

Side note, try to get your son to cup feed as that cage is massive (adult sized cage) and you want to make sure your chameleon is eating and the crickets are not just hiding where the chameleon cant find him
or just use a smaller cage till he's larger.

Thanks, Yeah, we are trying to plan a removable screen shelf to block off the top half for a few months until he get bigger. I think My husband has already figured what to do. Will take picks when it's done. He does plan on trying to cup feed and hand feed if possible just to make sure it eats well and hopefully be friendly.

I agree, I love the tub idea. Thank you for posting this. I know many of us like to get new ideas for our dream enclosures. (even if we arent bob the builder types)

Your welcome. I got the general idea by looking through threads of builds on here and not sure who but someone had said something about drain pan at the tractor supple stores so, we went and the animal tray just looked bent up and not very durable. Then went out and found this tub in the oust side farm stuff. Thought it would work great for a big tree to sit down in.

Hello mcbdz....i was wondering what kind of wood did u use...i want to build a nice cage like yours but idk what kind of wood to use. All i know is definetely no redwood.
Show us some pics when its done :)

Hello mcbdz....i was wondering what kind of wood did u use...i want to build a nice cage like yours but idk what kind of wood to use. All i know is definetely no redwood.
Show us some pics when its done :)

The wood is regular pine 2x4s ripped down and cut to sizes then sealed.

Went and bought all new light bulbs for some fixtures I have had. Get home put them in and the fixtures wont' work. Now have to go back today and get new fixture the size of the bulbs I bought. Sucks cause wasn't planning on that cost. :(

Back
Top Bottom