My dog got attacked by another dog. Getting surgery today.

I'm so sorry this happened! I'm glad it seems like he's going to be ok. It's just a bad position to be in when you're smaller than the other dog, especially with puppies, that still haven't really learned how to gauge their strength. Just a lot of bad luck. Hopefully the other owners take it as a cue to really tackle any food aggression issues their puppy has now. I'm dealing with that now with my Sheltie puppy, even!

I hope his surgery is successful and the owner of the pit pays for everything plus an extra $1,000 for your inconvenience.

I'm so sorry you are going through this - but I'm glad that so far it's a great ending - he keeps his foot and seems to be doing well. Hopefully little Coco will be up and about soon!

Michelle

Little coco is doing great and is even walking around a little! Here's a pic from yesterday when we got to visit him

71836513.jpg

He looks quite well for what he has been through. Looks like he will heal up very well. I'm with you... the other puppy just needs have so training with food / bone aggression. Keep us updated :)

That is sad. I am glad it wasn't worse and your pup is getting better. My aunt's toy poodle was mauled by a german shepard and it had staples all down its neck and back.

That's the good side. He looks awful on the other side. His extra neck skin was covering the ouchies. They said it looks like all his skin is going to heal without any of it dying.

Thanks for all the support. Little coco is starting to act like himself again. He just wants some love now.

Will do!

Anyone have any ideas on how to let him out to pee? I don't mind if he goes inside on a potty pad but so far he's just peeing in his bed because of all the IV fluids. He's trained to pee on a potty pad when he's inside all day, but he isn't showing any of his regular signs of needing to pee. I'm just running out of dog beds for him to lay in!

Kara I can offer one of my strange ideas, can you put a pad on the doggie bed? If he is trained to go on those after he goes just change the pad the way you would and diaper, and of course you will have baby clean up just like with a diaper. You just aren't getting a break here. But your puppy looks so sweet when you got him home, makes me want to come snuggle him. let us know how his progress is coming.

My poor pug-chihuahua mix got attacked by (an otherwise friendly) pit puppy and he's going into surgery today to try and save his little leg. He's really torn up around the neck and his hind foot is completely dislocated from his ankle. The vet said he almost had his jugular severed and their going to try and save his foot so that he can use it.

Please send good thoughts for Coco!

DSC_1163.jpg

PS, For anyone wondering, the pit is not going to be put down.

awwwn i wish the best of luck for surgury, and pooor coco (he is very very verrrry cute!!)

That's what I've decided to do Laurie. Thanks for the suggestion. He would absolutely love it if you snuggled with him. He can never get enough love and cuddles.

Yey!! Glad lil Coco is ok.

My too are little buggers with each others toys and bones LOL. They'll growl at each other if they come near, but then wave it in each others faces to instigate a play fight!!:rolleyes:

Hadn't realised this was the case before, but I agree that hopefully the owners will now work to get rid of the food aggression in their pup.

Hope Cocos recovery is quick n easy.

Plenty cuddles n treats for that little one xxx

I have been informed that the other pup WILL definitely be trained better regarding food.

Coco will be getting cuddled the whole time he is awake!

My other dogs like to instigate play fights too. Coco is usually too calm for them but once in a while he goes "puppy" and plays back without mercy! They are all great dogs.

Back
Top Bottom