My Cham viv

I do not think that there are any issue in your chameleon, it looks very nice and exciting in the image to me. Actually, after seen it I am also considering to get my own such as.

Try it, irs massively rewarding! Although its not the cheapest or easiest method it is worth the effort:) any advice i can give just ask
Bear in mind that the glass to line out the inside set me back the equivealent of 250 dollars due to the fron plinths needing to be 10mm thick to have all the vent holes in, you may want to considera different method of ventilation!!

Dave

Great looking vivarium! I will be building something similar very soon. Between the convection current and live plants you have plenty or air circulation.

Did you line the inside on the wood with glass to waterproof it? I plan on using a paintable pond liner and then covering that with greatstuff and eco-earth.

Great looking vivarium! I will be building something similar very soon. Between the convection current and live plants you have plenty or air circulation.

Did you line the inside on the wood with glass to waterproof it? I plan on using a paintable pond liner and then covering that with greatstuff and eco-earth.

Yes, I used glass. I tried with perspex but finding a flexible adhesive that adheres to perspex is impossible :( Over here we use a product called gorrilla glue to attatch the eco earth to the foam, it's a lot easier to use than silicone. If it's available in the states you may want to look into it, it's great. The only reason I didn't do a large rock or earth background in this one is the depth of the viv is too shallow to lose the space, hence i put a custom sized outdoor poster in there instead.

Good luck with your build, i'll look forward to seeing it :)

Dave

Back
Top Bottom