My cage

IMperfection

This is my cage. I just wanted to get some opinions on it. I know it's not perfect but can always be upgraded and for sure will be.

Attachments

• DSC02490.JPG
    DSC02490.JPG
    33 KB · Views: 216
You definately need more plants...that pathos won't grow quick enough. Also do you have a UVB bulb...if so it cannot go through glass. Hopefully it is screen and we just cannot see it clear enough...but great branches!

-chris

I have all the lights and accessories...that is not a problem...I know the plant isn't gonna grow fast enough, but I plan on using that one there and then buying another to either use while that one grows or replace it.

oh okay it was hard to see in the pic. i think your to a great start. everyone on here will give you lots of tips to make it perfect for you cham : )

I'm getting help and products slowly...cause of the season its quite hard to get certain plants I want to get. In time, in time

no, that isnt enough.
your cage should have a Hibiscus, Ficus, or Schefflera Arboricola as your main plant.
this should take up a large majority of the center of your cage.
Photos should be hung from the top of your cage.
I have up to 5 plants in each of my cages. some might be as small as an airplant.
I also use 2 or 3 biovines.
to make your cage feel safe to you chameleon it should be a lot of foliage in it.

Pothos is a good plant to start with. Its really hard to kill them. Plus their vine growth is really good for the chams. My cham will occasionally hide in them and you'll lose him completely! Ficus are good, but mine lost about half its leaves and branches before it stabilized.

As for hibiscus. They are a good indicator of the temp/humidity settings in your cage. They don't thrive well in a regular indoor environment so you have to keep your humidity and temps high.

Personally, I don't use hibiscus. Too much trouble.

Will the resident be a juvilie chameleon? If so, I'll recomend one of these dragon plant (Dracaena):

904476.JPG

There are plenty of species, but the one like above are found in Madagascar. It doesn't offer much support for adult chameleons, or large species. However it's be a great plant for everything smaller. Hardy and undemanding.

Will the resident be a juvilie chameleon? If so, I'll recomend one of these dragon plant (Dracaena):

904476.JPG

There are plenty of species, but the one like above are found in Madagascar. It doesn't offer much support for adult chameleons, or large species. However it's be a great plant for everything smaller. Hardy and undemanding.

Wow, I wish I would have known about that plant when I was setting up my little guy's cage.

I will have to use it next time I get a little baby.

Back
Top Bottom