Mixing up Silk Chow-DIY

Glad this thread was revived, as I was just talking about making chow as opposed to buying premade a few days ago. The tutorial will come in handy, thanks Kev.;) I am not to stressed about the mess or the time, its the smell that I am worried about. I live with people who have "B!tch" mode on a hair trigger.:rolleyes: I dont need to give anyone here amunition! ;)

-Jay

Glad it helped!

Glad this thread was revived, as I was just talking about making chow as opposed to buying premade a few days ago. The tutorial will come in handy, thanks Kev.;) I am not to stressed about the mess or the time, its the smell that I am worried about. I live with people who have "B!tch" mode on a hair trigger.:rolleyes: I dont need to give anyone here amunition! ;)

-Jay

LOL! I hear ya man.. this stuff doesn't smell so great..... but it doesn't take long to make and the smell goes away. I made another batch tonight. When my GF got home she was like "whats that smell", I should have opened a window hehe. I've been through two batches, started my third batch tonight since I made this thread. If you keep it sealed well and in the fridge it lasts a long time

The last batch was kinda 'wet' and the silks were exploding upon being eaten :D. Tonight I think I made it just right. My issue last time was that I added some water at the end to dissolve some dry mix that wouldn't absorb... I should have just kept working it with the mixer instead of adding more water or boiled off the excess water. Either way.... it worked out for some well hydrated worms and chams.

LOL! I hear ya man.. this stuff doesn't smell so great..... but it doesn't take long to make and the smell goes away. I made another batch tonight. When my GF got home she was like "whats that smell", I should have opened a window hehe. I've been through two batches, started my third batch tonight since I made this thread. If you keep it sealed well and in the fridge it lasts a long time

The last batch was kinda 'wet' and the silks were exploding upon being eaten :D. Tonight I think I made it just right. My issue last time was that I added some water at the end to dissolve some dry mix that wouldn't absorb... I should have just kept working it with the mixer instead of adding more water or boiled off the excess water. Either way.... it worked out for some well hydrated worms and chams.

The last batch of premade I got from Mulberry was really wet. I makes it a pita to cut when its too wet.:mad: I gotta get some of that mix soon to keep the calvary happy, I'm down to 1 1lb container. What size bags are you getting and who are you getting it from?

-Jay

The last batch of premade I got from Mulberry was really wet. I makes it a pita to cut when its too wet.:mad: I gotta get some of that mix soon to keep the calvary happy, I'm down to 1 1lb container. What size bags are you getting and who are you getting it from?

-Jay

I buy from Mulberry farms.

Back
Top Bottom