Misting system Questions

hailo

I have 2 systems going due to cage distance.

Both are basically brand new.

1st question: Mist king pump was used maybe 7x but then was put away for almost a year and a half. Now, all it does is vibrate but makes no suction. Does anyone know what may cause this and can it be fixed?

2nd question: Is there a way to turn the pressure down on the pumps? The other pump is a brand new pump from Aquazamp. I’m only running 2 misters on one and 3 on the other.

Have placed phonecalls and emails to the companies but havnt heard anything back.

thanks so much,

Anthony

Are you sure you have the tubes going into the right holes on the mistking pump>

I had the same issue when I first set it up, and discovered I had switched the hoses.

As previously mentioned, make sure your hoses are in the correct places. Arrow points towards nozzle side of tubing. It is also a good idea to prime them when first running them, meaning run water through the hoses into a bucket or something with no nozzles connected. Good luck and I hope that helps.

Scott

Are you sure you have the tubes going into the right holes on the mistking pump>

I had the same issue when I first set it up, and discovered I had switched the hoses.

:eek: Almost positive but i will check when i get home.

Wouldnt it blow bubbles in the bucket with water if it was reversed?

Also you can put a 1/4 inch compression needle valve on to help with the pressure. Home Depot or Lowes has them.

Scott

2nd question: Is there a way to turn the pressure down on the pumps? The other pump is a brand new pump from Aquazamp. I’m only running 2 misters on one and 3 on the other.

Likely not, and even if there was, you don't want to do that. They won't atomize the mist properly at lower pressures. What you really want to do is lower the volume, not the pressure. The only way to do that is to use a smaller pump. Regardless, you can safely use the pumps even with only one nozzle installed.

The way a properly sized diaphragm pump works, is that it will maintain the same pressure whether you use one nozzle or 100 nozzles.

Likely not, and even if there was, you don't want to do that. They won't atomize the mist properly at lower pressures. What you really want to do is lower the volume, not the pressure. The only way to do that is to use a smaller pump. Regardless, you can safely use the pumps even with only one nozzle installed.

The way a properly sized diaphragm pump works, is that it will maintain the same pressure whether you use one nozzle or 100 nozzles.

thats a bummer spend all that money on these systems only to buy another pump.

thats a bummer spend all that money on these systems only to buy another pump.

You don't need to. And even if you wanted to, the small ones can be ordered from China for ~ $15 to $20 ea. off e-bay.

Your current one that is not pumping sounds cavitated. If you can figure out a way to force feed the water up the intake tube, it will likely start working. These pumps are supposed to be self priming, but I've had a few times where they won't get started.

Back
Top Bottom