Misting Schedule Question

now theres an Idea. :eek:

computer generated chameleons that will be life like...just like they do with fish tanks....LOL

OPI

Well I setup the misting system. It wasn't to hard the only problem I ran into was with the T-Splitter. I was unsure how to connect it to the system but then discovered I had to insert it into the output end of the pump. Once I figured that out I was ready to go.

The mister is perfect it's really quiet and makes a pretty fine mist. I can tell Skittles like the mister much better the being sprayed with a bottle.

The biggest disappointment was the timer. The instructions where terrible apparently I had to remove the timer from the wall in order to set the schedule which was really strange. I was considering returning the timer so I unplugged it. Noticed it was still active and tried setting the time then. Everyone worked after that.

My mister went off for 1 minute this morning at 7:30 as planned.

7:30 - 1min
11:30 - 1 min
3:30 - 1 min
4:30 - 1 min
7:30 - 1 min

This is the schedule I have come up with. I may tweak it a little but this is where it will probably stay. Skittles started drinking right away when the mister comes on. He likes to lap it up off the ficus leaves.

I would consider longer misting cycles. I find that it will take about 1 to 2 min before your chams get used "hey water" and start drinking.

OPI

Some of you have 5 min late in the day. Does the cage fully dry before they go ni-night?

My mistings are:

(7:00 lights on)
7:05 10 min
2:00 15 min
(7:00 lights off)

This is for my male vailed (11mo old)

Comments?

Thanks!!

Howdy,

My mist system runs for 15 minutes at 8am and again at 2pm. My lights turn on about 6:15am and off at about 6:30pm. From past experience, I have found that my chameleon's drinking response may not trigger for many minutes after the misting starts. Once triggered, they may continue to drink for 5-10-15 minutes. Sometimes they just like to come over and sit under the mist nozzle, taking a shower for the entire time. Other times they sit off in the dry area completely avoiding the shower. I do use pre-heated water which makes the misting session more inviting.

PantherDrinking3.jpg

yes. i allow drying time in between of the misting.
I use the same schedule as OPIHIMAN post.
I too find that 1 minute is not enough to trigger my cham's drinking responds.

that's a nice pic, Dave!

Back
Top Bottom