Misting for panthers

JoeVet

Established Member
I'm new to keeping chameleons. Use to catch them as a kid living in Africa but never had to worry about long term care. For Panthers I know high humidity is needed and Mist king is a best of type. How much mess is there for a screen cage. Do these misting systems stay within the cage and then only require drains at the bottom or do I have to plan for water on the walls around the cage? I'm gathering information right now before committing.

I'm new to keeping chameleons. Use to catch them as a kid living in Africa but never had to worry about long term care. For Panthers I know high humidity is needed and Mist king is a best of type. How much mess is there for a screen cage. Do these misting systems stay within the cage and then only require drains at the bottom or do I have to plan for water on the walls around the cage? I'm gathering information right now before committing.

I made the back of my enclosure solid so water couldn't pass through. The nozzles are adjustable so you can move them to conform to your needs. A simple drainage system where the water goes into a bucket will suffice. It is a great system you won't regret getting one. One thing though buy it from LLLreptile, and save a bundle on shipping charges I saved enough to buy an extra nozzle. :D

Last edited:
So for a panther do I need a complete misting system or a rain dome? I live in San Antonio, a dry area and with the air conditioning a very dry home. I know Veileds would be more compatible with my climate but I want a panther.

it's a matter of preference really some like one some like the other. They both get the job done. I like the misters, but if you think about it a rain dome would seem more of a natural thing. And there would be less worry about overspray.

Back
Top Bottom