look at the pic

cmon guys, this person needs advice,not critics. Everybody started somewhere!
stephen

I am really sorry if I am coming off as being critical...Was not my intention. I was a new cham owner just a few months ago. I appreciated all the input I could get. Let's face it, if setups are done properly it makes for a good experience for both pet and owner. :)

IS this a good set up that i have? I came home yesturday and this is what my boyfriend did lol i didn;t have n ething at the bottom on the tank expect subtrate... theres is now a baking pan and a bunch of rocks and a fogger in the the pan... she seems to like it... she also has been actually drinking the water from teh rocks.. the green cup is where i put her crickets... i also have sum roam free in the tank just incase some go into the water and die but they usually just stay on the rocks
and i know about the glass tanks i just have her in this one now becuz she is still so little... and i have a mesh tank but its to big for her so i have to wait at least a month

Hey Kel

Welcome to the forums!:D:p

As you can tell we have some pretty passionate owners here. But don't be alarmed or dismayed. I personally think you are on the right track with your viv, but the pan with water would be some thing I would reconsider as it can harbor bacteria that can be harmful to your chams. It does look cool though.

most owners here recommend nothing on the bottom, but if are worried about the water, a paper towel to helps soak some of the water will help. Since you have a glass cage humidity shouldn't be a problem. open the cage up a few times a day to let some freash air circulate too.

Brad and Westcoast are some of the most senior owner here and just about everyone goes to them for advice. So I think you are pretty safe if they say so.:p

Don't be afraid to keep posting. One more thing, I am not sure when you will need to transfer to a screen cage but at a certain age it will probably be less head aches for you to go towards a screen cage. Now the other thing to remember is that our brothers and sisters across the pond in the UK use glass enclosures with good success. So it is not impossible to remain with the glass enclosure too. You will need to get in touch with those keepers to see what kind of specs they have.:D

Hope that Helps

OPI

Back
Top Bottom