Little ones are so delicate...

olivia

Today will be day 4 of our little guy being here now and i'm not worried but i'd just like to make sure some of these behaviors are normal.

He has had a really good appetite, but i've noticed today he has spent alot of time on the trunk of the ficus... he slept there last night and has been hanging out there. i know he may just be cooling off, He is a dark forest green with a white color lining his mouth and at the base of his tail.

Also, i think this is normal as well, but he was under his basking light earlier today, and he enlarged the pouch under his chin and opened his mouth reallllllllllly wide. normal?

should i be worried?

Just wondering what type of chameleon is it?. All the behavior you described is quite normal. The opening of the mouth could be him getting ready to shed or just stretching. Sometimes they will open their mouths wide and contort their bodies. Now if he was under the light and he KEPT his mouthh open and was gaping then maybe your basking temp is too high. If he just opened and closed it, then perfectly normal. As far as them hanging out, sometimes they just pick certain spots and hang there. As long as they are not staying in the same spot with their eyes closed that would be a different story because a healthy chameleon will never sleep or close their eyes during the day incase you were not aware of that.

i have not seen him sleep during the day however he was closings his eyes early but it seem like a blink, his whole eye socket squeezed in but not longer than a second. like i said it seem like he was blinking. he slept in the same spot last night as he is chillin in now.

Sounds okay to me. Post some pretty pictures :) if you really want to make sure he is/will be okay, fill out the how to ask for help form from in the health clinic section.

Back
Top Bottom