List of stuff setup new cage

adamhicks198813

Ok so I'm setting up for a 3 month old Cham I have a 18x18x36 cage basking bulb have bamboo branches 4 bendy vines 2 lg 2 med on order 2 lg fake plats 2 med pathos and umbrella plant have 18" uvb fixture cricket food n cage temp n hummudity gage dropper and calcium and vitamins is there anything I'm missing

How about a mister? And maybe a few low laying plants? Baby tears, a fern? Just my thoughts. You seem headed in the right direction!!

Just to clarify I mean like a hand held spray bottle, your live plants will need more then some drips from a dripper, also you need to maintain humidity.

Do you have any plans for drainage? Trust me, you'll need it. ;) I also suggest that you plan on keeping and feeding a larger variety of feeder insects, such as silkworms, roaches ( :eek: ), phoenix worms, super worms, hornworms, flies, etc. What kind of chameleon do you plan on getting? You're off to a good start. If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask. :)

Veileds are my favorite. ;) Here is a care sheet if you haven't already found it: https://www.chameleonforums.com/care/caresheets/veiled/
From the picture, it looks like you are going to need more foliage. I suggest getting a taller plant, such as Hibiscus or Ficus and possibly hanging some foliage (such as pothos) from the top. I know you mentioned that you have some bendy vines, so I'm assuming they will add more walking space.

How do I hang my pathos from the top and do hibiscus do well
Well, there are several different ways you can hang a plant from the top. First, you can attach some kind of bar or panel across the top of the cage and hang it from that, or something I have done is mount a metal plant hanger to the wall above the cage and hang the plant from that. My current set-up is a DragonStrand, so I have branch holders, to which my hanging plants are attached with hooks. Since your cage has a wood frame, you can probably fasten the pot to the wood with a little resourcefulness.

I find that the Hibiscus do excellent, as long as you have two to switch in and out every week or so they get some sunlight. Veileds particularly enjoy Hibiscus, and if they are safe for the veg eaters.

Back
Top Bottom