Liquid calcium?

I've heard bug protein is the future because it takes far less resources to produc ounce for ounce versus animal protein or even soy. I'm all for conservation of resources but eating bugs sounds like so much nope to me!
You are totally right. Bugs are the protein of the future. They outnumber us millions to one, are a sustainable food source that isn't horrible for the environment like livestock, and pack more protein per gram than beef, chicken, pork, or fish. whether we like it or not, we will all be eating bugs in the future. I'm not super excited, but we need to at least warm up to the prospect.

You are totally right. Bugs are the protein of the future. They outnumber us millions to one, are a sustainable food source that isn't horrible for the environment like livestock, and pack more protein per gram than beef, chicken, pork, or fish. whether we like it or not, we will all be eating bugs in the future. I'm not super excited, but we need to at least warm up to the prospect.

We had better be good to our pollinators if this is ever going to happen! (Sorry, doom moment slipped into the conversation...)

Flash forward into the future:

(Your chameleon sitting on a branch staring at you take down a bag of cheese flavored cricket puffs)
Your chameleon: Hey you gonna share those or what?
You: Oh baby sorry they are covered in cheese, cooked to a million degrees, and have salt and who knows what else all over them.
Your chameleon: So you take my food and ruin it not only for yourself but for me too? Great. (Walks over to sunny area day dreams about wishing he/she was born in Madagascar like ancestors of the old country.)

In my opinion bugs aren't horrible to eat if you cook them correctly. Raw yes, they are absolutely disgusting. And I honestly can't think of a way of cooking a hornworm so it tastes good. But a lot of hard shelled feed and certain fatty feeders are supposedly really good but you definitely have to cook them well.

A lot of people don't like tofu raw, I do, however tofu is generally bad for you because it's usually not fermented and soy beans that are not fermented are have protease inhibitors, phytates which bind the absorbtion of important minerals, lectins, and have a goitrogenic effects. Only fermented soy products are safe. This isn't even discussing soy as gmo products.

In my opinion bugs aren't horrible to eat if you cook them correctly. Raw yes, they are absolutely disgusting. And I honestly can't think of a way of cooking a hornworm so it tastes good. But a lot of hard shelled feed and certain fatty feeders are supposedly really good but you definitely have to cook them well.
Yep, i heard mealworms are better cooked, i ate a full grown live one.. but to me It doesent really taste like anything.. Its just more of me thinking about eating something that crawls around and my lizards eat.

In my opinion mealworms raw would have to much of a weird texture, when they are correctly cooked, they are supposed textured like potatoes chips and then it all depends on how you season them... idk I would be willing to try it lol

In my opinion mealworms raw would have to much of a weird texture, when they are correctly cooked, they are supposed textured like potatoes chips and then it all depends on how you season them... idk I would be willing to try it lol
I didnt do anything to em lol, straight out of the little container you get em in from petco

Those are some sort of caterpillar from a butterfly from one that eats blue agave plants. However I have no idea if they actually do anything weird like hallucinogenic

Back
Top Bottom