life span of pygmys?

Yes, I've had several clutches of cb pygs that have gone to new homes! Shawntea, and several others have too. Right now there are two people with cb eggs in incubation. They only have clutches of 2-5 eggs with 3 seeming to be the average a few times a year so there aren't a lot of them. And they were always so easy to get so people didn't focus on developing big captive populations and when Tanzania closed unexpectedly and no more pygmies were coming in the captive population took a serious nose dive. Some of us are trying to build more stable groups for the future, but it's going to take a while. They don't sell for very much so it's only the people who care about the species that will be invested in doing this I think. Big names and those in for profit won't find any value in breeding them because they'll be more trouble than they're worth. In the meantime there won't be many cb available, but there should be some.

Slightly off topic but I'd love to see a newborn pygmy... must be so tiny!

Indeed!!
full

full

Those are fresh out of the egg! Still have vermiculite from the incubator on them. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh. My. God. I need to start a breeding pair of my own because they are ADORABLE! Plus, it'd be nice to get more CB out there so we don't have to have so many WC.

Back
Top Bottom