Leopard Gecko ICB Calcium Plus

tglassburner

Can I use Leopard Gecko ICB Calcium Plus with my veiled Chameleon? Has anyone else done this? I have regular calcium but would like to make sure this will not hurt her.

leopard gecko icb?

are you asking because you already have this product or because you are considering getting it? they do make a chameleon dust icb. like most allen reapashy products both contain added preformed vitamin A and added phosphorus. it also contains some fermented biological products with which i am not familiar and that are not included in the chameleon dust icb, so i would be cautious of it. personally i feel supplementation issues are where most keepers get into trouble and that the safest course is to stick to the basics: a good mostly organic gutload, 3-4 days a week rep cal no d3, 1-2 days a week rep cal with d3, and herptivite or reptivite sparingly once every 4-6 weeks. its the safest way (others recomandations may vary and not all will agree). these recomendations are just guidelines and not neccessarily given as a specific regimen to follow. ultimately it is the responsiblity of all keepers to educate themselves from multiple sources and make their own informed decisions and not just rely on what others have recomended. https://www.chameleonforums.com/supplementation-mbd-1-a-2451/index4.html https://www.chameleonforums.com/blogs...pplements.html no matter what recomendations are given there are usually knowledgeable and experienced keepers who may not agree.

I'm asking because I have it. I have leopard geckos and crested geckos as well as my veiled. I have rep-cal but, I figured if there is a benefit to using this I would.

Thanks

i agree i have three geckos one of which is getting ready to lay. Id say stay away from the gecko powder and go with the regular stuff. it might hav a strange effect on your cham. I would stay away.;)

I have a baby veiled and a leopard gecko myself as you can see him in my avatar, I was also thinking the same thing with the powder by decided against it

its enticing because I also have a leo and the correct calcium dust for him. As I am a very new owner of a juvenile veiled cham (about 6-7 inches) Im kind of on the fence about doing it. I might have to go tomorrow and pick up the correct supplement.

Back
Top Bottom