Just added plants

salish_31

Hey everyone, I just added plants to my chams new cage. I am wondering if anyone has any advice of where to place more or if it’s okay now? Most of them are small and need to grow in a bit more. I don’t have the uvb because it’s in her old cage so that will be switched when I move her. I also know it will need to be raised off the ground, but for putting it together this was easiest.

Attachments

• IMG_5705.jpeg
    IMG_5705.jpeg
    254.5 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_5706.jpeg
    IMG_5706.jpeg
    242.9 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_5707.jpeg
    IMG_5707.jpeg
    247 KB · Views: 10
It looks great! Especially when it grows in, wow! The only spot I can see is right up front opposite the fig, maybe a zz plant, it doesn’t need too much light and they are beautiful. But looks like it’s fine to me once grown in a bit.

It looks great! Especially when it grows in, wow! The only spot I can see is right up front opposite the fig, maybe a zz plant, it doesn’t need too much light and they are beautiful. But looks like it’s fine to me once grown in a bit.
Thanks so much! I will definitely add a plant there.

Looks good. Once everything grows in, it’ll be amazing. I would suggest putting some pothos on the floor in the front and maybe elevated on something in the back right corner. Maybe stack and flip some empty pots to elevate a plant. When pothos grows upwards, the leaves grow larger. ;) You could also put a tradescantia zebrina on the bottom (or elevated a little) in the back and that will grow upwards, covering the back.

Looks good. Once everything grows in, it’ll be amazing. I would suggest putting some pothos on the floor in the front and maybe elevated on something in the back right corner. Maybe stack and flip some empty pots to elevate a plant. When pothos grows upwards, the leaves grow larger. ;) You could also put a tradescantia zebrina on the bottom (or elevated a little) in the back and that will grow upwards, covering the back.
I will do those suggestions. My one worry is that I want to move her into the cage as soon as possible. But I’m worried that without the plants fully grown in she will get stressed. Can I move her in or should I wait?

I will do those suggestions. My one worry is that I want to move her into the cage as soon as possible. But I’m worried that without the plants fully grown in she will get stressed. Can I move her in or should I wait?
It could take a few months for your plants to fully grow in. What I might do is to place something to cover the back and a side or both to give her a more secure feeling. You’ll just need to keep a close watch on humidity to make sure it doesn’t go too high.

It could take a few months for your plants to fully grow in. What I might do is to place something to cover the back and a side or both to give her a more secure feeling. You’ll just need to keep a close watch on humidity to make sure it doesn’t go too high.
Good idea. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom