jon stewert vs dave chappelle

DekuScrub

Avid Member
because of a request for more refined topics of discussion and my lack of will in compliance as far as hindering further VS threads, i bring forth this topic of debate.

both are very eloquent speakers. and both, in my opinion, specialize in satire.

i recommend watching dave chappelles "inside the actors studio". i was convinced jon stewart was also featured on "inside the actors studio" however upon making a seach i couldnt find any video, i must have just seen an interview with a similar format.

in my opinion both are excellent comedians, and in voicing their perspectives exceedingly effluent.

though the topic of their comedy varies greatly i think these two are prime candidates for a vs thread.

now if your old lets drop an old people bomb, one of which i am particularly passionate about and two of my favorite comedians of ALLL TIME! robin williams and george carlin. i would have shoved bill murray in there against robin but i think he would have been destroyed. i feel robin and george are of similar caliber. so if you have no opinion on dave vs jon i hope you can tell us how you would feel about robin vs george.

and if you dont have an opinion on these who is your favorite comedian coughlouisckcough

for me its hard to say, i love stewart but i think doing shows nightly kind of dillutes his best content.

favorite episode of chappelle is the wayne brady episode. id drop some quotes but i dont think the moderators would like it that much

Chappelle v. Stewart , that’s a tough one. Chapelle is in a league all his own. The real Q should be Stewart v. Colbert , both of who I consider moral compasses. I like Willaims but I am a bigger Carlin fan. And that’s my old people’s bomb.

DAVE CHAPELLE

AND ROBIN WILLIAMS TAKES THE CAKE IN MY OPINION...CARLIN IS UP THERE AMONG THE GREATS BUT OVERALL IN MY EYES THERE WONT BE ANOTHER ROBIN WILLIAMS.....gonna be a sad day when he is no longer with us

Really! Robin Williams? Maybe I'm wrong but other than being high strung and running through impressions he doesn't have the penache that George mfing carlin had. It's like Jeff Dunham, how do people find that guy funny? Maybe I'm an elitist because I work nights at a comedy club and get to see Tom Wilson (biff from back to the future) and Pauly Shore on a regular basis but I would go with Chappelle because his material is timeless(like Seinfeld) and Stewart while funny is basically like letterman and Leno, only more funny and relevant.

Back
Top Bottom