Jasper needs help ASAP!

renzo0684

Avid Member
Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon.--8.5 month male veiled

How long has it been in your care?--6.5 monhs

Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?--haardly ever

Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule?--I have been feeding him everyother day about 8-10 crickets. I feed him 2 dubia cockroaches two days ago though.

How are you gut-loading your feeders? Dry gutload with a wet mix of chopped up apples and carrots

Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule? Rep-Cal calcium, heptivite, and calcium w/D3 Dusting schedule MON, WED, FRI- Calcium w/o D3... SAT- Notihing... SUN--Alternate between calcium w/D3 and heptivite

Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking? Hand mist 2-3 times a day I see jasper drink all the time

Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites? His poop two days ago was very healthy with a big brown piece and his urate was snowhite. This brown piece is still hard but covered in a thick mucus and blood. No parasites

History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:
Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions? huge screen cage 24Lx36Wx32H

Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule? reptisun 5.0 tube light and 60watt house light for heat. lights on at 7AM off at 7:30

Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps? Ambient temp in cage is around 73-76 basking is 85-90

Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity? Humidity is 45%-50% 65%-75% after watering and stays there for around a half an hour before it drops

Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind? Dragon plant, and a Potho

Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor? Closet no fans or air vents and is on a kitchen table

Location - Where are you geographically located?
Southern Colorado

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.
His poop two days ago was very healthy with a big brown piece and his urate was snowhite. This brown piece is still hard but covered in a thick mucus and blood.

Please someone help I am so worried I have never been this worried before in my life I feel like I am gonna vomit!

Attachments

• IMAG0009.jpg
    IMAG0009.jpg
    250.7 KB · Views: 138
  • IMAG0010.jpg
    IMAG0010.jpg
    267.4 KB · Views: 158
No bleeding around the Vent-nothing that looks like a cut or scrape? That blood looks like it has to be fresh out of the bowel region there. Do you have a good reptile Vet in your area?

Could it be those dubias that I fed him? I was just really excited when I got them and just fed them to him right as soon as they came.

I am no vet just a worry wart chameleon mom BUT if Luie or Camille's poop looked like that I would be on my way to Orlando (two hours away) to Dr. Alfonso, their chameleon vet.

OK... Does it seem bad for Jasper? I am so worked up right now I can barley breath

Getting yourself worked up is not going to help jasper out. Just take a stepp back and take a couple deep breaths.. Take him to the vet with the fecal sample.
Robert

I am no vet just a worry wart chameleon mom BUT if Luie or Camille's poop looked like that I would be on my way to Orlando (two hours away) to Dr. Alfonso, their chameleon vet.

I just called Dublin Animal Hospital and I am leaving now so I will let you all know what happens.... please send Jasper all your good thoughts!!!!

We're waiting to see how Jasper is feeling. We hope you have someone to drive you so you can focus on Jasper. Good Luck!
Limey and Alvora

Please update us!

Good deal on getting him to the vet. That is a nice bit of fresh blood. There was nothing we could do to help you out other than recommend the vet. Please let us know what the vet says......

Poor Jasper and you too. I really feel for you, it`s awful when they are unwell. Still, taking him to vets so quickly is great and hopefully he will soon be better. Our thoughts are with you both.

so.he doesnt have parasites but they are calling in another dr because they dont know why there is all the blood so they are having me leave him there and come back in like an hour or so....

yay

so jasper is fine what the vet said happened is that he had not digested something fullyand the exoskeleton caused a tear so now he is gonna be on some metronidazole just to be safe... the vet said he is the healthiest chameleon she has ever seen and had the fastest growth rate too. Jasper was 6g in October and now he is 92g. So i am really happy now and thank you all for the positive vibes

Brilliant !! :D I am so pleased for you both. He`s a lucky little guy to have someone who loves him so much. Get well soon Jasper :D

Back
Top Bottom