Jackson's don't like superworms

Ryan8283

So I've been trying to get my Jackson's to eat superworms but they don't seem do like them or any worm shaped food like hornworms does anybody else have this problem they love dubias maybe there just on a dubia phase right now lol.

So I've been trying to get my Jackson's to eat superworms but they don't seem do like them or any worm shaped food like hornworms does anybody else have this problem they love dubias maybe there just on a dubia phase right now lol.

Funny you should say that, because Noogie shows no intrest whatsoever in any sort of worm either!!?? :eek: :(
He will only eat dubia and cricks.
I think its because they dont move around enough to get his intrest up?!

Yikes, this is crazy, every day i try to pic out the liveliest hornworm (from Piglett's eggs) and Noogie barely even looks at them!!

I would REALLY like him to eat these as they contain tons of liquids, and I have always had trouble keeping Noogie well hydrated.

Maybe if I pinch, or otherwise tormen the worm to wriggle alot, that may stimulate a response from him??!!

That's strange. Maybe not feed them for 2-3 days and then try offering a worm.

My Jackson's are not picky at all. I try to vary their diet as much as possible. Lately they have been eating horns, silks, supers ,Dubias, crickets and flies.

Yes try holding them from the back end and they wiggle more. I also try putting them on my finger and moving my finger a bit. Once they get the Taste for them you won't have to wiggle them as much. Holding them by the back end works best. I don't like to leave them on branches because they stick pretty well and Rex has to play tug of war with them and it freaks me out.

My male Jackson's will eat the hornworms on occasion but other than that he won't even look I've tried not feeding them for a few days they will only eat them if they are extremely hungry

Yes try holding them from the back end and they wiggle more. I also try putting them on my finger and moving my finger a bit. Once they get the Taste for them you won't have to wiggle them as much. Holding them by the back end works best. I don't like to leave them on branches because they stick pretty well and Rex has to play tug of war with them and it freaks me out.

I know, once he gets his first taste, he will like them and know what they are.
He has never eaten one before, maybe that has something to do with it!?
He LOVES blue bottle flies, cricks and dubia's, but if it looks like a worm, forget it!! :confused:

pigglett is right about holding them from the back i also grab the upside down with there lil feets up in the air and they really dont like that a move ALOT n wiggle ALOT, so that might catch his eye and look yummie that way. my guys is on a cricket n roach strike he will ONLY eat his worms :p he just loves those wiggly things so for now its butter, horn and meal worms for him. im just worried about his calcium intake, he wont take the worm with the dust on them just the dino fuel... i know the butter have a high calcium intake but im just worried he is not getting enough! :eek: but every day i try something new so we shall see! good luck with the worms! :D

Back
Top Bottom