jacksoni gave birth

gad58y

my female jacksoni jacksoni gave birth to 14 babies today and there was two little ones still stuck to the branches that didnt make it.
does anyone know how long they take to come out of there sacks when born?
ill post some pics soon

graeme

They are usually out of the egg sack within a few minutes. Usually, the weak ones don't make it out.

they should come out of the sack almost immediately , if they stay in the sack they will suffocate, you can help them out of the sack with a pointed food bamboo skewer works good, take a spoon gently lay them on the floor of the cage, and ULTRA CAREFULLY,SLOWLY, POKE THE SACK WITH THE POINTED END OF THE SKEWER, AT SOME PLACE WHERE YOU CAN POKE THE SACK WITHOUT POKING THE CHAM , IT WILL ALMOST CERTAINLY START CRAWLING FOWARD WHEN IT DOES, CARFULLY PIN THE BACK OF THE SACK DOWN WITH THE SKEWER AND IT WILL CRAWL RIGHT OUT

heres some pics
SDC11092.jpg

SDC11093.jpg

SDC11134.jpg

i may have been too late to save the little ones still hanging on there branches,as i worked nights last night and didnt get up tilll 13.30

graeme

Congratulations on the new arrivals, Graeme. A couple of them do look a bit premature (judging by the enlarged crania in proportion to the rest of their bodies), but they look alert enough to me. Make sure they're all getting constant access to small insects (I raise my young xantholophus in groups of 6-10 and keep pinheads in a small cup with a couple branches in it), and a small basking spot. They do like it humid and cool, but mine will bask all throughout the day.

Can't wait to see more photos.

Cheers!

Fabián

i cant read your hygrometer, but i must say the enviroment looks a little dry, i recently had a clutch of (14) j xantholophus born 06/29/09, pics are available in the photography section , xanths require much the same conditions, if you begin to have problems just pm or email me as(not to brag ,but) mine are all thriving ,and i will be glad to offer any pointers i can , i may also be interested in trading a xanth for a jacksonii when the appropriate time comes

JW, Graeme is in the UK, so I don't think a trade will be possible.

So how are the little guys doing Graeme? Congrats by the by. :D

hiya i would love to know if you will be looking for new homes for some of the grown on babies in a few months or so...or you going to have a house full of chameleons in the pot plants and hanging from all places....well dont we all on here!! L.O.L, are you going to sell them ?? i am in the u,k and in the south too so wouldnt take that long to get up to you!!, p.m me ok as i would love to get some of these guys, i have the merumontanus..:D !!. well done by the way!, x

thanks everyone,for the advice.
these guys where eating fruit flies today and looked alot more alert,they are sprayed 3 times a day and the other hygrometer says 80% so is quite humind for them.i have 2 of them in this tank(exo-terra)the 1 in the picture is broken i think)
i will be selling these at 8-12 weeks old
j.walker.have you got any pics of your babies housing?
i really like the sound of swaps but im miles away from you

graeme

How awesome! How fortunate you are to witness a live bearing chameleon give birth!!! I would love to see that 'live'. Must be quite an experience. Congratulations on your success and nice pics of the bubs too! :)

Back
Top Bottom