jackson chameleon Help!

Chameleon Info:
species: triceros/jackson chameleon.
age im not sure but if you look at the pic he seem about 3-4 months old.
ive had him about 2-3 weeks.
I let him loose for 30 minutes a day to roam around my room or outside.
ive been feeding him crickets and mealworms when he wanted to eat.
havnt been gut loading anything but have just started today with some cricket care from zoomed
Supplements: cricket care.
Watering: ive tried dripping and misting but he always seems to try and run away from it and it never catches his attention when im there hes so private about everything.
Fecal Description: mostly blackish brown droppings ive seen from him and today i saw mushy white looking turd dunno if thats bad or not
History: i bought him on craigslist and wasnt given any info on him.

Cage Info:

Cage Type - got him in a fishtank i know bad bad bad.... it has a screen at the top and i do keep a fan on him.
Lighting - yet to be bought
Temperature - im not too sure havnt bought a temp gauge yet but soon!
Humidity - 85% humidity from the thermometer i boughts readinngs.
Plants - fake plants that look like weed o-e
Placement - i have him in my room ontop a table next to a fan that blows on high.
Location - united states/hawaii.

Current Problem - he dosnt eat or drink much.

IMAG0067.jpg

Chameleon Info:
age im not sure but if you look at the pic he seem about 3-4 months old.He looks about 7-8ish mo IMO.
havnt been gut loading anything but have just started today with some cricket care from zoomed
This is all important with jacksons, they are easily over supplemented. What exactly is in this supplement?
How often do you give it?

Watering: ive tried dripping and misting but he always seems to try and run away from it and it never catches his attention when im there hes so private about everything.
Turning away from misting(rain) is a normal response.
You should mist him 4-5 times a day. For 5 min at a time. Dont pray him in the face or anything, but continuous misting on him will trigger him to drink, eventually.

Fecal Description: mostly blackish brown droppings ive seen from him and today i saw mushy white looking turd dunno if thats bad or not
That sounds fine. Was there any yellow or orange?

Cage Info:

Cage Type - got him in a fishtank i know bad bad bad.... it has a screen at the top and i do keep a fan on him.
DO NOT keep a fan on him. It may lower his temp, but will also destroy any RH/temperature gradient that you have.

He will need a 5.0 UVB asap. He will also need a basking light.
You have to measure this. He will need nites as low as 50F
A daytime ambient of 65-75F
and a basking temp of 80-85F

This is actually a type of vine, but yes it does look like cannabis.
Placement - i have him in my room ontop a table next to a fan that blows on high.
Please remove this.

View attachment 50289

Please watch Jdogs video that I posted.
It will give you a run down of how you will need to keep him.
These things need to be figured out soon if you want him to live.
Everything that he goes over is essential.
We are here to help, so ask if you have questions.

EDIT: He looks healthy. But if hes been without proper temps and uvb he will start to decline fast.
Temps are highly related to appetite/digestion.
This and lack of proper housing is why he is not eating.

I would say he is more like 6-7 months old.
I would mist him longer, some times it takes a while to start drinking. And are you using cold water? If so this could be why he is running from it.Try warm water.
The white part is the urate(basically his urine), it can tell you whether he is hydrated or not. WHITE is good, orange or yellowish means he is dehydrated.
Gutloading your insects is an important part of your husbandry, cricket care is just not enough. Forum member Sandrachameleon has excellent blogs on gutloading.
Cricket care is not a supplement.. He will need Phosphorus free PLAIN calcium, 1x a month, Phos. Free calcium w/ D3 once every other month, a multiVItamin 1x every other month. Or I have been doing well w/ Repashy Calcium plus(all in one) Once a week. You must use these to dust your feeders w/.
Lighting, temps and humidity are very important, you will want to situate that quickly. Temps aid in your chameleons digestion, which may be why he is not eating...

One last thing.. He may be a Wild caught chameleon, maybe not.. But by looking at that photo, He may have an underskin parasitic worm around the base of the tail. A vet check should be in order once you get his husbandry correct and him settled in

Chameleon Info:
age im not sure but if you look at the pic he seem about 3-4 months old.

Cage Info:

View attachment 50289

After reading all that, It looks like you need the Uvb Lighting, and to ditch the fan. Other members could more accurately read this chat however. I am a Veil guy at the moment. haha.

But the fan could chill your chameleon, and just make it very difficult for him to thermoregulate.

Edit..
Ps. Wow. you guys beat me to that by miles! Damn... haha Its been a long weekend at the nationals lol.

This stuffs got me pretty concerned(on my way to home depot and pet store now.) thanks for the help everyone i think imma watch the vid and get more updated for awhile lol

This stuffs got me pretty concerned(on my way to home depot and pet store now.) thanks for the help everyone i think imma watch the vid and get more updated for awhile lol

Yes please do!;)
Then come back and ask questions!
Its good that you are "concerned" but try to relax;)
Everything will be ok.

Back
Top Bottom