Is this fungus?

panacur is very safe

i had troubles with panacur , maybe in the us , its a difirend type of panacur butt i never wil use it again , i'm keeping kam's for a year of 10 so i tink that i know something about them , i've used panacur to treet my deremensis male and he had constipation of it so badly that he got paralised in his tail and his 4 limbs , we had to give him an o.d of flagyl in the hope that would get rid of his constipation , succes afteral because i stil have him and just won silver in your foto contest , so please dont count me of when i'm just explaininhg my experiances , you wil see in the end ho's right , greets from belgium :D:D

Are you sure that the panacur caused the constipation and not the parasite load?

jep sure , panacur killed everithing and it caused constipation and blocked his bloodflow , now if i use medicin , i take less strong stuff it works slower but with less risk

So finally, I talk to the vet today and her research took her to the same conclusion: it may a fungus infection. I am taking Frankie this Friday so she can collect some skin samples to do a culture to see what kind there are. Itraconazole and enrofloxin -I think that is what she said- would be the oral treatment, and then sulfa silvadine to take care of some of the skin lesions. You have no idea how relieved I feel...

Well, Frankie started on Monday a 14 day medication -every other day- of Itraconazole for the infection and he is not taking the meds too well. Today he very letargic. Usually as I enter the room he perks up because he knows food is coming. I showed him some waxworms and just ignored them. Yesterday he ate 6 crickets and 3 supers, so I hope he is just not hungry. The vet also told me he may give him Baytril, after the Itraconazole. And that is the latest news...

that looks like unshedable skin. sometimes if animals are under fed or dehydrated they are so shrunken they cannot shed skins. this ive seen in panthers and can even make the tip of a tail look ugly as can be by pinching on the skin. id put the panther is the shower for an hour with the water being a nice warm temp bouncing off the wall to sprinkle down and onto him. best done with a plant or cage

that looks like unshedable skin. sometimes if animals are under fed or dehydrated they are so shrunken they cannot shed skins. this ive seen in panthers and can even make the tip of a tail look ugly as can be by pinching on the skin. id put the panther is the shower for an hour with the water being a nice warm temp bouncing off the wall to sprinkle down and onto him. best done with a plant or cage

I have the done the shower every day for about 10-15 minutes and it has improve the skin look, but there is a fungus infection...and that is were the medication takes over...

"Patches of skin color/texture change: may be associated with fungi or bacterial infections, necessitating proper diagnosis to determine the required treatment."

"Despite adaptations to high humidity, reptiles hailing from rainforests and other damp habitats are not immune to fungal attack…in fact some, such as the Green Tree Python, are quite prone to infection when housed in poorly-ventilated cages"

http://www.reptilerooms.com/forums/lofiversion/index.php/t64839.html

http://chamworld.blogspot.com/2008/01/health-chapter-f-burn.html

Back
Top Bottom