Is this female veiled egg bound?

laurahlove

I was just at a petstore, and I saw this poor girl. I am honestly so sick of seeing chameleons sold at pet stores :( anyways, she was in such bad shape. I asked to talk to someone about her, and I told them that chameleons don't drink out of a water bowl, they need a dripper, she needs a heat lamp, a lot more foliage, and that she looks like she is full of eggs and has MBD. She got a heat lamp for her, put some vines in there, even got a dripper for her. She didn't know that chameleons dont need to be with a male to have eggs. She said she will look into a lay bin for her. She said that they dust with calcium with d3 once a week. I told her they need to dust with pure calcium everyday, with d3 twice a week, and repti vitamin once a month. She was dark brown when I saw her, but she was the sweetest thing once she came out. She had blues and green, and she didn't wanna leave me :(

So do you think she's egg bound and has MBD? She couldn't pick herself up and her legs were severely crooked.

bc6076c6026df32cd500293985aa2961.jpg

9ca9d554fc11415b0f4cc5408dfcdbac.jpg

Sure is one chunky looking cham. Did you ID it as a female? I don't see anything that would lead me to believe MBD, but I'm not an expert on the matter. If it is a female, I would tell them to set up a lay bin ASAP and get it out of public view.

If its a female, probably has eggs, although i feel like I'm seeing the start of some of the stripes that only the males get.

This is what I did. I contacted my local shelter and asked them what could be done. They gave me the humane office number. Contacted them and they were out to look them over. I did talk with the manager of the store and nothing was done. So I was pissed off and went this route. The next time I stopped in they were not there. I didn't want to know what they did with them so I can't tell you what happened after that.

Yes, it is a female. I actually called and talked to the manager today and brought it to his attention. He said he didn't even know what was going on and will look at her, and that he breeds panthers. (Not that that makes a difference to me lol) I told him that she needs a lay bin, and told him how to correct the dusting process. I hope she gets better :( they also have a male Jackson that looks really good as of right now, I hope he gets sold soon because I don't want him to end up like her :/

Ok so this is step one. Go back in a few days to check it out. Then if nothing happens get in touch with a humane officer.

Holy cow! I don't think I've ever seen a fatter veiled! I would be completely shocked if she didn't have eggs! Poor thing!

Back
Top Bottom