Is the Forever Cage , really a forever cage?

Chameleon42

Hi,

I have several species of chams,mostly the smaller species, but recently I have been looking into getting a nosy be panther.

My question is, would the forever cage be roomy enough for a male nosy be?

The website claims it is, but I have always heard a 24x24x48 is minimum. The forever cage from chameleonsonly
Is 30” high x 16” deep x 24” wide.

And here is a link: http://www.chameleonsonly.com/catalog/The_Forever_Cage-113-1.html

Thank you!

Hi,

I have several species of chams,mostly the smaller species, but recently I have been looking into getting a nosy be panther.

My question is, would the forever cage be roomy enough for a male nosy be?

The website claims it is, but I have always heard a 24x24x48 is minimum. The forever cage from chameleonsonly
Is 30” high x 16” deep x 24” wide.

And here is a link: http://www.chameleonsonly.com/catalog/The_Forever_Cage-113-1.html

Thank you!

I have seen that cage before and although it is an unconventional size, the Kammers know what they are doing better than most of us. They breed top-notch chameleons for a living, the best of the best. They are also wonderful people, so I really don't think they would sell them if they weren't 100% confident that the cage is adequate. :D

Most people agree that 2x2x4ft cage is what a male panther needs.
I have kept males in cages like the one your looking at though(temp. outside caging) but...IMO....taller is better with chams.

I think the Kammers are just trying to make it so you can have a younger and adult cham grow up in this cage and it being "adequate" for an adult male on the bare minimum of what would make it ok to thrive. They are great breeders and keepers of panthers, BUT, they are in the business also of selling a product....and...again my OP, this is just a way to sell a product that would just fit a panthers needs. Females would be good for this size, even smaller......but a male, Id personally want a taller cage for it.

It's fine.

So I guess I will wait and get a 24x24x48.

What would be a good misting schedule?

Also who would you recommend as a good cage manufacturer?

It's fine.

What would a good misting schedule for an adult panther?

Also, who would you recommend for a quality enclosure?

It's fine.

What would be a good misting schedule?

Also who would you recommend as a good cage manufacturer?

I misted my panthers 3-4x a day depending on if inside or outside. It also depends on your area....if u live in a dry or more humid place.
Basically......(my schedule) 8am(30mins after lighting on) 10mins. 10am=1min(usually skip if things r still moist n cage), 12 or 1pm=1min, 5pm=5/10mins for inside schedule. Outside I misted more due to the temps being hotter.

Just get the generic LLL cage or DIY.com cage. I use reptariums for when they are younger since they are cheaper and easy to move in and out of the house.

I wouldn't do anything smaller than the 4' x 2' x 2' cages, they really do use all the height and space they can.

I like the screen cages from LLLReptile, personally.

I mist my panthers at least 3 times a day but also do longer sessions at each time (about 5 minutes at the least) but the length is really up to you. Lots of people do 30 sec - 1 minute mistings and have well hydrated animals and proper humidity.

If you only want to get your panther chameleon 1 cage for his whole life, just go with the 2x2x4. The extra height is going to be greatly appreciated by your cham when he's old enough to use the full size. I've heard of some people getting the 2x2x4 for their baby cham and then putting a barrier to cut the size in half so your baby cham is able to find it's food and what not without any problems. I have a 2x2x4 coming in the mail pretty soon.

I mist my panthers at least 3 times a day but also do longer sessions at each time (about 5 minutes at the least) but the length is really up to you. Lots of people do 30 sec - 1 minute mistings and have well hydrated animals and proper humidity.

I'm one of those people who only mists for about 30 seconds each time. But this is because I use an exo terra 18x18x24 and the glass holds in the humidity for longer periods of time. So I guess it just really matters on your geographical humidity and the type of enclosure you are using.

Cheers and happy holidays!

Back
Top Bottom