Is my panther ill

kdinkel

I have read up some on him and it appears he may have URI. Here is the form, I would love your opinion:

Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care? male panther, 8 and 1/2 months, in my care 1.6 months
Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon? almost never
Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? crickets, mealworms for a treatWhat amount?8-10 crickets daily What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders? veggies and commercial gut load
Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule? calcium dust with d3 2x weakly
Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use?mist king How often and how long to you mist?4x daily for 1.5 to 2.5 minutes Do you see your chameleon drinking? yes
Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites? dark brownish black and white and no
History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you. none that I am aware of. He is growing great, shedding and active. I purchased him from chameleons northwest. I did changes cages for him about 2 weeks ago (moved him to a larger cage with a live plant)

Cage Info:
Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions? Screen, 53"x32"x21"
Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule? reptiglow 5.0 and 2 regular lights for heat, on at 8 am off at 9 pm

Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)?85-88 basking, bottom 75, night time low of 72 Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? 40-50 percent, mist king misting 4 times daily What do you use to measure humidity?
Plants - Are you using live plants?yes If so, what kind?pussy willow
Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas?front room, no vents or traffic At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor? 6.5 feet
Location - Where are you geographically located? utah

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.
I noticed some flem yesterday. I checked him over today, and no flem. It seems like he maybe breathing heavy (I maybe overreacting as he is not opening his mouth to breath) and he is biting branches?

Side note, he is still eating and drinking great and very active. Colors look great. He has really added some reds and yellow with his last shed (1 week ago).

mine does this too!.He breathes rapidly with his mouth closed and i have seen him bite a branch aggressively.

Update - scratch the breathing heavy and branch biting. I snuck in on him unseen and he was basking with no signs of breathing heavy or anything out of the ordinary. As I made myself know he came up to the front of the cage and swelled up and did what I thought was breathing heavy. He has become more arrogant (which I love) since his last shed. He doesnt run from me anymore. It appears as he maybe just showing me who's boss!

Back
Top Bottom