Is my chameleon healthy??

Hay_Hay

I’m making sure she looks good also I dont know how old she is any ideas?? The mass by her eyes were caused by skin being trapped by her previous owner she had been checked out by a vet and it’s not causing her any harm and won’t in the future
9F0AE579-E615-42BA-B129-E596FF28D759.jpeg
8638B271-FC11-4901-BA25-911B4B021DF9.jpeg

Hello welcome to the forums! What a cutie you have there ☺️ I don’t see anything that stands out right away from your pictures, (besides obviously the eye which you have already addressed) but when I first got my chameleon and wanted assurance that he was well and his environment was proper I did a husbandry review on here and it really helped me so much. If you would like to do that I’ll link the form below, and you can copy it fill it your answers and re paste here in this thread. Make sure if you do so to also include pictures of the enclosure from top to bottom including lights and also of your supplements. Your in great hands here, there are tons of wonderful people who are quite knowledgeable.

https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/how-to-ask-for-help.66/

Sometimes health is hard to judge from a few pictures but there are a couple things that stand out to me in the second photo. She appears to be sleeping during the daylight and a growth or something on her foot ? It's very possible that you took the photo right before the lights go off and dirt or something on her foot ?

Oh my bad my interpretation was that it was night time and she turned on lights to get that picture. Sleeping during the day would not be so good..

Also now that I see the waist on the leaf your little Buddy appears to be dehydrated as well. All more than likely solvable with a good husbandry review. Except the bump, that will need a good exotic vet ☺️

Hi there welcome to the forum. Can you post a picture of your entire enclosure lights down and a few more of the chameleon please? Also if the vet chose not to flush the eye and try to clear it then I would go to a different one that has more experience with chameleons. You do not want to leave an eye to potentially get worse.

Sometimes health is hard to judge from a few pictures but there are a couple things that stand out to me in the second photo. She appears to be sleeping during the daylight and a growth or something on her foot ? It's very possible that you took the photo right before the lights go off and dirt or something on her foot ?
Thank you so much for your response she has a condition were she is albinoing at her feet that is a pice of dirt that I had gotten cleaned off so she’s all good!! And I did briefly turn the lights on for a photo

Thank you so much for your response she has a condition were she is albinoing at her feet that is a pice of dirt that I had gotten cleaned off so she’s all good!! And I did briefly turn the lights on for a photo
You have a translucent female Veiled chameleon. This is a morph of a regular Veiled chameleon. They are bred to have the pink,white, and black patches of skin. Yours would be considered a low translucent as its only her feet.

You have a translucent female Veiled chameleon. This is a morph of a regular Veiled chameleon. They are bred to have the pink,white, and black patches of skin. Yours would be considered a low translucent as its only her feet.
Oh wow thank you so much I didn’t know that sorry I’m now to chameleon care and I was going based off of information the previous owners told me about her

Oh wow thank you so much I didn’t know that sorry I’m now to chameleon care and I was going based off of information the previous owners told me about her
No worries... Just wanted you to have the real info on her. :) It is a common miss understanding with veileds.

Start reading everything in this husbandry program. It will help you understand their needs and what they require of their set up. https://chameleonacademy.com/chameleon-husbandry-program-getting-started-with-chameleons/

Also with a female you have a few things you have to adjust because she will lay infertile eggs. You have to make sure the UVB and supplements are on point for her.

She should be on a feeding schedule of 3 feeders 3 days a week by the time she is 9-10 months old.

You will not ever want basking to be over 78-80 for her. Very important for females because as she ages she needs this temp no higher at basking to help control the amount of eggs she produces. The hotter the temp they more their metabolism speeds up so we have to keep the temp lower since we are doing lower food intake.

A lay bin should be added as a permanent fixture by the time they are 6 months old so they get used to it and it does not cause stress.
https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/laying-bin-set-up-educational-video.77225/

Attachments

• laybin graphic.jpg
    laybin graphic.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 27
Already gotten that covered I actually got that same bin for her I’m making sure things are going smoothly and she’s conferrable and that everything is on point thank you for you’re help

Back
Top Bottom