Is it safe to file a Chams nails?

phantomchameleon

Established Member
My little boy has been really hurting me with his nails recently, and it seems like he's having trouble walking because his nails are starting to curve in alot! So i was wondering if it's safe to just file his lil claws down a bit.

The amount of stress that the animal would go through would be unbelieveable. Chameleons use their nails to grip vines and branches. They can be very sharp, but should not be trimmed.

The amount of stress that the animal would go through would be unbelieveable. Chameleons use their nails to grip vines and branches. They can be very sharp, but should not be trimmed.
It wouldn't be like clipping them entirely, just filing them down a tad so it doesn't affect his walking or hurt me when im handling him, but if it will stress him out alot then I wont. Thank you for answering.

I wouldn't recommend it either and if they have lots of climbing branches in a variety of sizes and texture then his nails shouldn't be so long to the point where they are affecting his ability to walk but they still will be very sharp.

Back
Top Bottom