IS IT ONE OR BOTH? PLS LET ME KNOW. SUPLEMENTS/UVB

niels99

Today i was at the petshop picking up a knew uvb bulb and some supplements. Ive Always had a uvb bulb and Fed calci d3 once per two weeks to my pardalis.

I walked calm to pay for my Stuff and when i had put everything on the table. The Guy simply says: "why're u picking BOTH?" (d3 and uvb) i was like :"whaddayamean?"

Hè told me that when using a uvb bulb supplementing d3 is not neccesairy cause the uv rays helps the cham making it himself. And vise versa when feeding d3(im not sure how much) a uvb bulb isnt needed.

I thought i did lots and lots of Research but never Read anything like this so i was pretty confused. Is my cham overfed with d3( heard that brings Health issues.)????

Is All of this true and if not. What is? Is it preferable to Just feed d3?

HELP A DESPERATE OWNER AND HELP HARRY (THE CHAM)!!!

p.s.

Im Building another little Cage for hatchlings. Pics are coming

You need a uvb. Then you need calcium without d3 at most feedings. Calcium with d3 every 2 weeks. You alsoneed a multivitamin every 2 weeks

Hey, I've heard conflicting theories on the supplementation as well. Do you supplement with non d3 calcium as well?

Today i was at the petshop picking up a knew uvb bulb and some supplements. Ive Always had a uvb bulb and Fed calci d3 once per two weeks to my pardalis.

I walked calm to pay for my Stuff and when i had put everything on the table. The Guy simply says: "why're u picking BOTH?" (d3 and uvb) i was like :"whaddayamean?"

Hè told me that when using a uvb bulb supplementing d3 is not neccesairy cause the uv rays helps the cham making it himself. And vise versa when feeding d3(im not sure how much) a uvb bulb isnt needed.

I thought i did lots and lots of Research but never Read anything like this so i was pretty confused. Is my cham overfed with d3( heard that brings Health issues.)????

Is All of this true and if not. What is? Is it preferable to Just feed d3?

HELP A DESPERATE OWNER AND HELP HARRY (THE CHAM)!!!

p.s.

Im Building another little Cage for hatchlings. Pics are coming

Once again a pet shop employee has been found to be way off base when it comes to chams. While its true that exposure to UV light helps the cham produce vit D3, it also matters whether they are being kept indoors under artificial lighting or outdoors. You wouldn't need to give D3 as often to chams kept outdoors. There are a few people who swear that they don't need UV if they supplement correctly, but relying on supplements to create D3 is probably tricky to do well.

ty for the replies. this is my feeding scheme per day

calci d3
calci calci calci calci calci calci
reptivit
calci calci calci calci calci calci

and that repeats itself every two weeks

UVA includes much of the visible spectrum of light and is generally harmless, and can pass through glass. UVA is emitted by most lights, no matter what. UVB is on the end of the spectrum and is responsible for vitamin d production in most animals (including us). It's also what gives us sunburns so too much can be hazardous. It's important to supply your Cham with both, but only UVB is a special type of bulb. Any normal fluorescent will emit UVA.

Generally you will not need to do anything special to give your cham the appropriate amount of uva. Whereas uvb is important for natural healthy growth.

Back
Top Bottom