Introduction of Reptar

islandchameleon

Hello all new owner of a chameleon just introducing myself and would like some feedback on how I am doing so far.

Chameleon Info:
• Your Chameleon - Male jackson chameleon, Reptar
• Handling - almost everyday whenever I have the cage door open and he climbs out
• Feeding - 10 crix a day
• Supplements - zoo med reptivite with D3 every other feeding only 5 crix with the supplement 5 without
• Watering - continuous red solo cup dripper throughout the day into a bowl with rock in it
• Fecal Description - every morning small solid brown ball. Skinny white urate sometimes covered in a mucus?
• History - Bought him at 4 months old from pet shop I've had him for about 3 weeks now
Cage Info:
• Cage Type - 16 x 16 x 20 mesh cage but 18 x 18 x 36 mesh is in the mail.
• Lighting - 5.0 UVB on from morning till night. Do not use basking because I live in Hawaii and no AC during the day so room is always a constant 75 degrees or hotter
• Temperature - 75 degree room, under UVB light 80-85
• Humidity - Mist 5 times a day, constant water dripper, and cool mist humidifier just set up in the room today
• Plants - tons of fake leaves and vines provide basking and shade
• Placement - in room on top of night stand only traffic is girlfriend and I.
• Location - Kaimuki, Hawaii

Pictures
attachment.php

attachment.php

sniping a silkworm
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_2751.jpg
    IMG_2751.jpg
    194.6 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_3870.jpg
    IMG_3870.jpg
    211 KB · Views: 151
  • IMG_7847.jpg
    IMG_7847.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_5750.jpg
    IMG_5750.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 145
Welcome reptar and owner guy! :) terrific place to be :) and Hawaiis awsome ill be there end of this month!
How old is ur little guy?
I'd recommend some real plants in there somewhere. I belive they are a tramendous upgrade! :) I'm not a Jackson expert so ill leave any minors to people who are Jackson friendly! He's gorgeous and seems like ur doin a great job!

Love the name....Reptar ruled a lot of my time when my daughter was young. Jackson's are so amazing. I'm jealous of you for having such a lovely animal.

I think you should find a calcium without D3 and use that on the schedule you have now. Use the calcium with D3 twice a month.

Honestly, if you get him outside a couple of hours a week you probably don't need to provide him any D3 at all.

He's about 5 months old now. Do you know any good live plants I can put in there that are good for climbing?
And thanks Elizadolots I will invest in the calcium without D3 soon. I usually put him outside for about 5 hours on Saturday or Sunday, so he's good on the D3.

Pothos plants are great for climbing. If you can find one that's already grown out you can pin the vines around the cage, as it grows it will expand into a wonderful climbing environment for him.

Back
Top Bottom