Infertile pregnant again after 2 months?!!

Bitfly

My female Veiled (who is 1 year old) just laid 65 infertile eggs on October 25. Now she seems to be showing symptoms of being infertile pregnant again, is this possible?

And thats your problem right there.
Thats way to many.

She should be getting about 4-6 bugs every other day.

by doing this, you keep her just slightly hungry, and it reduce the number of eggs she lays.

I thought I was only supposed to reduce the food after they are a year. She just tuned a year this month.

Is 4-6 every couple days really enough?

They don't have the same kind of metabolism as mammals do. A healthy adult can go for a month without food. With females, the food should be reduced around 6 months old or so. 4-6 every other day is plenty. You could also feed 2-3 every day if you want, but it doesn't really matter. Her basking temp should also be in the low 80s to help slow down the metabolism as well. When the food and temps are reduced, they usually lay very few or even no eggs which can help them live longer, healthier lives.

Last edited:
My female laid her second clutch almost 3 months to the day of her first. She has never been bred. From what I have read I too am feeding her too much. She always seem to be so hungry......

Back
Top Bottom